Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesday: The Way To My Heart

Today is another round of Show & Tell Tuesday.  The topic today is how to win my heart.  Since Valentine's Day is just around the corner, I thought I would focus specifically on the holiday.

In my opinion, a meal out is the perfect way to spend Valentine's Day.  Sharing great food and drinks with my favorite person will  never get old.  Whether it be a new restaurant, or an old favorite, as long as the company is the same, that is what is important!  

A thoughtful gift.  I normally am pretty easy to buy for, at least in my opinion.  I usually make a list of specific things I would like when it comes to Christmas and my birthday.  That way it is easier for everyone.  I feel like Valentine's Day should require a little more effort, though, than just an item off a list.  It can be something small, like a handwritten card, a bag of my favorite candy, or something big like a piece of jewelry.  As long as the thought is there, that is what matters!

While Valentine's Day is a fun holiday, I think it is important to make each other feel special everyday (or at least most days)!  Whether it be doing the dishes, cooking when the other is tired, sending a sweet text, or giving a card just because, those are the little things that are important.  At least, that is the way to my heart!


You can see my first Show & Tell Tuesday post here.

Linking up with Andrea and Laura.
  

22 comments:

  1. I'm not really a big Valentine's Day fan. I'd much rather get flowers or a sweet card on a random day then a day where everyone else is doing it. But if I was going to celebrate, going out to dinner is always a winner! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, going out to dinner is a must! Unless my husband is going to cook a nice meal (which would never happen) then we're going out to eat! I think this year our Valentine's gift to each other is curtains for the bedroom haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree with you! We actually don't really do gifts but I always like a card or a small bouquet of some sorts! But I think if gifts are done this is the one time when they don't get a list LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree--Valentine's Day is just one day....the key is to make people feel special and important every day! :) I like a card for sure, and flowers are always nice too...doesn't have to be crazy but something is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We don't usually do gifts for Valentine's, but I agree a dinner out is always a fun way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love handwritten letters and it's even more special when you send them in the mail. A perfect little personal surprise!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable :) I'm with you on the meal. I love new experiences with my husband so checking out a new food place is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We’re the same way— not big on gifts, but I love a little something special. Trying a new restaurant, a sweet treat or fresh flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dinner and a thoughtful little gift is the sweetest, Valentine's day or any day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your ideas. I am pretty much the same. I would love a meal out where we can chat the night away.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love small thoughtful gifts and surprises. We usually stay home on Valentine's Day and keep it low-key =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Definitely true that it's the company that matters! Very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome ideas, as I'm not a big gift person for holidays like Valentines Day or anniversary. I'd much rather spend quality time over a meal <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very sweet Emily! Yes, so important to make each other feel special!! I know you do such a great job with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Going out to dinner is also my favorite thing to do. We have reservations booked at a new restaurant so that should be fun. I'm not sure if we'll exchange gifts but probably just cards.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I agree with you.. as long as there is some thought in the gift, it's good. Valentine's Day has never really been my favorite because of all the hype... so I'd much rather just have thoughtful little things throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes! Dinner is my very favorite thing as well. You can't go wrong with a nice meal, a glass of vino, and good conversation with the one you love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the small, thoughtful gestures! Gifts over the years, especially in the retail world, have gotten a little out of hand. Way to bring it back to the simple days - love it!
    Kate :: A Little NW Charm

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love having that quality time with my hubby so een if we don't get to grab dinner on the night of valentines day, any day around there works to see each other :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello from the Tuesday Talk linkup today. I agree with making each other feel special most days. Valentine's Day is fun, but I'd much rather feel special more than once a year. Thanks for linking with us and sharing your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Small and thoughtful gifts are the way to my heart, oh and wine ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally agree. A great evening out is a perfect way to spend Valentines Day. I always prefer experiences to gifts. It's all about making memories!

    ReplyDelete