Thursday, February 18, 2016

I Confess...


I have another round of confessions to share today.  Here we go...

My sister-in-law sent a new Jack video last night.  I literally sat there and watched it at least 10 times in a row.  He was having his first green veggies last night and his reaction to them was priceless.  It even sounded like he said "yuck" at one point!  Poor baby, he seemed so excited when he saw the spoon coming his way and then it was instant bleh when it reached his mouth.

I have a gala to attend next Friday and I still have not bought a dress for the event.  Why, I have no idea.  Usually I don't procrastinate when it comes to shopping, but I have known about this for weeks!  Better get on that.

Swamp People is one of my favorite shows.  To be honest, I have a lot of favorite shows - I just watch a lot of TV!  However, this one is a bit out of the ordinary from my normal genre of shows.  I love it, though!

I have been having some road rage lately.  People just are not going the speed limit and I do not understand.  If the speed limit is 40, why go 30?!  You should be going 40.  Obviously, it is winter and if the road conditions are not ideal then everyone should drive slower.  But on a normal day, there is no need for that.  Just drive the speed limit, please! 

Yesterday at the gym I had to get on 3 different treadmills before I found one that worked properly...it was a bit embarrassing.  I love my gym, because it has a row of treadmills with the individual TVs in the machines.  This really helps the time pass for me while I am running.  The first one I got on, said the "stop" button needed to be replaced.  Onto the next one...the TV doesn't work.  I thought maybe it was just off, so I was on for a minute or so, pressing buttons to no avail.  Third time was a charm in this case, so thankfully I was able to get on with my workout.  However, I felt a bit silly going from one machine to another, just pressing buttons.  The people behind me were probably like what the heck is this girl doing?!

Linking up with Amanda, Annie and Jessica. 


26 comments:

  1. i have been having road rage too!! it is getting better now that it isn't getting as dark as early. ppl drive so bad at night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rent The Runway is the best for last minute events - check them out for your gala!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I do the same thing at the gym all the time!! I can't believe Swamp People is one of your favorite shows - that is hilarious to me! I can't stand to hear them even speak lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have total road rage in Atlanta. Anyone driving below the speed limit needs to either ride in the far right lane or get moving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! If I have to exit soon and get behind a slow person in the right lane, it still makes me angry, even though they are following the rules of the road!

      Delete
  5. Don't even get me started with slow drivers. I don't know what the heck it is, but I feel like everyone started driving way slower than the speed limit... and not only in the winter, but in the summer as well. What gives?! I usually have a hard time limiting myself to the speed limit, so I can't understand when someone chooses to go UNDER it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't understand it, especially before and right after work hours. Aren't those people in a hurry, too?!

      Delete
  6. I'm the worst about getting dresses early for events... so solidarity with you there, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I live in Louisiana so I know all about Swamp People and Duck Dynasty. I actually live in the same city as DD.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I get road rage sometimes too! I was stuck behind a guy going under the speed limit this morning (after being stuck behind a school bus loading kids for 5 minutes--no joke) so I was all kinds of ragey haha.
    Get to shopping girl and find that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Occasionally I suffer from some serious road rage. the other day a guy who was parallel to me decided that he was going to just move into my lane (nearly crashing into me) and I laid on the horn and sped up to avoid being hit. he then proceeded to tail me and honk and swear at me for a mile....at least it looked like swearing.

    Babies are soo cute. Sophie was never a big fan of the veggies when she was eating the pureed but she loves green beans now.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's honestly frustrating when treadmills don't work right. I don't pay for a gym membership for half of them to not work correctly. I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Driving definitely is a good test of my patience. O_O God uses so many things to remind me how impatient I am.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in NJ where speed limits are more or less suggested (obviously cops disagree with this thinking) and everyone goes, on average, 10 miles over the limit. Except on the one highway near my house (of course it's the highway that you NEED to go on to get anywhere from me house...) which is often only 1 lane. I swear there is always someone going 10 or more miles under the limit that holds up traffic SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must confess-- I share the road rage and treadmill hopping! The earphone jacks have been broken on a few of the machines and it feels like FOREVER. Time flies when I've got my shows on so a "working" treadmill is a must! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't wait to see what dress you end up getting for the gala! How exciting! And I used to watch Swamp People all the time....I probably would still watch it if I had the time. Love the way they talk and I actually show it in class when we study dialect haha
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh I can't wait to see what you end up getting for your gala! And you better post some pictures of yourself! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I bet the people behind you totally understood what you were doing! I had the same thing happen this morning (though it was only one treadmill that wasn't working properly). I feel ya. ;)

    I look forward to seeing what you get for the gala!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I get road rage too when people go under the speed limit and there's no way to pass them...so annoying!! That should be fun picking out a dress for the gala!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally watch and rewatch videos of my niece- I SO get it :) Thank goodness for technology when you have relatives that live far away!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh try Rent the Runway for a dress for next week! Cant wait to see what you find!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It drives me nuts when people go really slow too! But I also HATE when people tailgate. If someone is tailgating me I won't go a single mile over the speed limit (I'll go 5 over sometimes). The other day I got on an elliptical and it was making the weirdest noise, so I moved. I always feel a little weird when I have to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I totally agree that people need to drive (at least) the speed limit! It's unsafe to go too slow on a highway. And our time is precious! I definitely don't have time for that

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've totally been there at the gym with the same type of issues! And road rage is no joke, I've been extra mad lately too at the stupid drivers. Don't worry too much about not having a dress yet for the gala, I'm sure you'll find the perfect one in time ;-)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm the worst at road rage too. Slow drivers kill me! And when people don't use their turn signals. Totally pisses me off. -Home of Malones

    ReplyDelete