Friday, February 5, 2016

Friday Favorites 2.5.16

It's Friday!  This was an interesting week for me...the days seemed long, but the week seemed really short.  I kept thinking Wednesday was Tuesday and then before I knew it, it was almost Friday.  Definitely better than thinking the opposite, that is for sure!



My new purse is definitely a favorite this Friday.  I confessed here that I broke my no spend month to purchase a new purse.  It was on sale, so much so that I couldn't refuse.  I switched over this week and have been loving it!  My other purse had three section inside, but this bag is all open.  It makes me think I need another pouch to get a little better organization...that will probably have to wait a bit, but hey, a girl can dream.

Meal planning.  I got my meal planning done earlier than normal this week!  Lately, I have been enjoying grocery shopping on Fridays.  I have only done it a few times, but it is always nice to get that accomplished going into the weekend, rather than waiting til Sunday (what I normally have done).  Last Friday, I planned over my lunch, then had to make a quick run home to check off what I already had from my grocery list, then headed back out to the store.  This week, however, I was able to grab some time over lunch on Thursday to plan and check my list in the evening.  I have found that it is easier to write down everything I need, check to see what I have and cross off, rather than do it as I go.  Also, I often "just know" I have something so I don't even check for it, only to find out after the fact I don't and I should have bought some at the store.  Oops!

Although with meal planning ahead of time (even if it was just one day!), the idea of a recipe binder is for sure a favorite.  I read over on Sarah's blog about how she meal plans.  She mentioned a recipe binder, which I thought was a great idea.  Normally if I am using a recipe online, I am using my phone to check it while I am cooking, which is sometimes a hassle.  It seems like the screen always goes black, right before I need to see the next step.  I have a recipe box I use for family recipes and others I have collected over the years, but I never want to waste a recipe card unless I know for sure that recipe is a winner.  Even if it is a winner, half the time it never makes it to the card, because I forget or get lazy.  This seems like a much simpler way to keep everything organized and readily available.  I can't wait to get a binder started!    

Nice co-workers.  There is a guy I sit close to at work that has had a cough for what seems like all of 2016 so far.  I have overheard that he has taken medicine, the works, but still hasn't been able to cut it.  A lady that works further down on the floor, overheard him coughing and came over to offer him some cough drops after a particularly bad coughing fit.  I just thought that was very nice.  I have cough drops in my bag,and while I would definitely offer them to a co-worker I was friendly with, I never thought to see if he would want any.  It's really neat to witness people going out of there way to offering help to someone, even if it is as simple as seeing if they would like a cough drop.

I got a card in the mail this week that said I had moved up a level in my Nordstrom rewards!  That means more reward points, more triple point days and more money towards alterations.  Unfortunately, it also means that I spent a good chunk of money there, too.  I am just going to focus on the positive (more rewards!) for now, though.

Hope you all have a great weekend - it's supposed to be another nice one here weather-wise.  Not quite as great as last weekend, but the 50's are still amazing for February!

Linking up with AndreaApril and Amanda.

29 comments:

  1. Your new purse is GORGEOUS!! Seriously worth breaking that no spend month!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your new purse! It was definitely worth breaking your no spend month especially if it was on sale! No guilt! :) Congrats on reaching the next reward level--focus on the positive aspects haha. Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That purse is worth breaking the no spend! Love it! Have a great weekend!!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving your new purse!! It's so pretty and the color is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous new bag, lady! LOVE IT! And I loved the recipe post, too! Such grab ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new purse is beautiful! Awesome job on getting your meal planning and grocery shopping done early, now you can enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your new purse. Great color choice! I got my first GiGi clutch this Christmas and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That purse is beautiful!!! Totally worth breaking your ban. I would have done the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new purse and I think it's a totally justifiable purchase! Yay on the meal planning and super yay for lovely and sweet coworkers! I hope your weekend is as wonderful as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That bag was worth breaking the rules for!!!! It's AMAZING!!!! I'm drooling a little bit. :-) Have an awesome weekend!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. That bag is gorgeous! It is the perfect color. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, that purse was totally worth breaking your no spend January. It's soooo pretty!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVING that new bag! Definitely worth breaking your no-spend! And how sweet of your co-worker, hope your other co-worker feels some relief from that cough soon. Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE the new purse!! Sometimes you just can't pass up a good sale!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your new bag!! Totally worth breaking the rules for!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your new bag, so cute & professional!! Seeing random acts of kindness is so heart warming :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love GiGi. Just got my first one last year. Meal planning is a great idea. I plan out my dinners for the week and some breakfast but I'm bad about prepping for lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great purse!! I've been wanting to meal plan too... I feel like we spend too much money or it goes to waste... gonna have to check out her tips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOVE LOVE LOVE Your new purse!! And woo hoo for more Nordstrom rewards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The purse is sooo pretty! Another level up on Nordstrom rewards is amazing! I need to figure out what to use my triple points day for!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Okay that purse was so worth breaking your no spend month because it will go with everything! Great purchase! And I am so glad that someone found my recipe binder helpful haha! It really is a lifesaver because looking at a recipe on my phone gets on my nerves--I usually have to zoom in so I can read it and who has time for that when trying a new recipe?
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your purse! I actually got this organizer. I didn't think I would since I have a longchamp bag, but I ended up loving it.

    Incredibly sweet of that co-worker I don't think I would have done that either probably would have just sit muttering I wish he would stop coughing.

    Let me know how the meal planning goes! We don't too it too much, but it's something we need to invest in. We shop on Saturday so that we can relax on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the idea of going to the store on Friday instead of Sundays..I dread grocery shopping on Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  24. LOOOOVE the new purse and new Nordstrom rewards-I mean that just must be a sign that you need to treat yo'self girl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Meal planning definitely makes things easier during the week if you already know what you're making. And I saw Sarah's post too! We have a binder, but we haven't updated in a while! I need to spend one evening just printing up some of our favorite recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Call me an enabler but that purse looks like it was well worth breaking your no spend! All the heart eyes!

    ReplyDelete