Wednesday, February 3, 2016

February 2016 Goals


It's that time again...time for goals!  First, let's see how January went.

January Goals:

1.  Cookbook Recipes.  I kind of failed at this.  I made a bunch of new recipes, but only one from an actual cookbook.  It's just so easy to look things up online, especially if I am at work and want to run to the store after...I just need to be a little better with planning.  I am definitely going to keep on trying to work on this!

2.  Snail mail.  I had great intentions.  I even had a list of people to send something to.  However, only one thing got sent.  Technically this was a success, but not as successful as I had hoped! 

3.  Take more pictures.  I did take some more pictures!  I didn't always remember at the most opportune times, but I do think I documented better.  A work in progress.

4.  No spend month.  I shared with you all last Thursday that I broken down and did a little shopping in January.  The purse I had been really wanting was on sale...I thought I should scoop it up while I had the chance!  I had worked some extra hours last month, too, so I feel like it offset the purchase.  Otherwise, it was a major success!  

This is what I have planned for February...

February Goals:

1.  Bill Organization.  I still haven't given into going paperless with a lot of my bills.  Although I have reminders both on my planner and on my calendar at work, I still like having the paper as a physical reminder of when things are due.  I need to find a good way to organize these...that or just bite the bullet and go paperless!

2.  Send Valentine's Day Presents/Cards.  Since I now have a nephew, I want to make sure to send him a gift for Valentine's Day!  Also, just sending Valentine's Day cards in general.  A lady at work has been selling cards during lunch.  The profits go toward MS, which I think is really cool.  Picking up a few cards for some loved ones is a win-win.  I can support a great cause, and hopefully put a smile on someone's face!

3.  My Fitness Pal App.  Sarah told me about the My Fitness Pal app.  I immediately downloaded it...and then didn't really use it at all.  I decided yesterday was the day I was going to actively start using it.  I am hoping to stick with it and also figure out how to use it with my Garmin app, as well.  The two can be connected, but I am not sure how to make sure that the information is updating the other.  Sometimes, I just feel really technologically challenged. 

4.  Bleach Teeth.  Does anyone have a recommendation for this one?  I have previously used the Crest White Strips (years ago), but wasn't sure if there was a better product on the market.  I love the look of a super white smile, and lately I feel like mine has dulled a bit.

This is short month, so I am sure it will just fly by.  Hopefully I can accomplish everything I want to in the next few weeks!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi   

28 comments:

  1. I get crest white stripes in my stocking every Christmas and I love them. They really do work, so that's my recommendation!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Google how to sync your Garmin--that's how I had to figure out how to do my Fitbit. I found a website that had easy step by step instructions. And one of my goals is to send out little V-day presents in the mail! Snail mail is the best!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your goal of sending out little Valentine's, especially to the little members of your family! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're going to rock these goals girl! I don't really have paper bill's anymore, but we do still get our 401K and all that other stuff in bill form so I use an organizer for that - pretty folders help LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on making it through your no spend month - the extra hours plus a sale totally offset the purchase :) I need to whiten my teeth as well, too much coffee has not been their friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl, you are getting more accomplished than I am! i like your goals for this month, too. i'm still a huge fan of crest white strips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well DONE on the no spend, lady! You rocked out a lot of your goals.

    Paperless is the way to go for bills!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I'm paperless for a lot of bills I still feel like I get a TON of stuff in the mail. I should definitely double check on all of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on getting your goals done. I'm trying a no spend this month and so far so good but it's only been 3 days. I'm sure it will get harder. Good luck with your goals this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your goals for the month. I need to start doing this. You are such a fun aunt!! Do you know what you are sending your nephew yet?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh good for you on that no-spend month! I think a cheat item or two should be allowed--I set that rule from the start when I tried to do one ("if x item goes on sale I can cheat"). And YES go paperless with bills-- it feels so much better. I use Gmail and then just label them all within my inbox to keep 'em organized!

    xx, emily
    shell chic'd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think having a few cheat items in mind is good, too! It's a bit more realistic!

      Delete
  12. Sending Valentine's cards through the mail is just so much more fun than a text or something!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily, it's too funny you mentioned about bleaching the teeth as my best friend and I were just talking about this! Our dental hygienist give us a very good tip. The crest white strips Max only has 10% of the whitening agent in it but most dentists will sell you a crest prescription strength box that has 20% in it, all you have to do is go to your dentist office and ask if they have them most should now. Mine were only $30 and my husband and I split a package, even cheaper than the drugstore!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea you could do that. I am definitely going to check next time I go to the dentist.

      Delete
  14. I LOVE using the my fitness pal app.. I've used it for several years and it really genuinely helps me make great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bleaching my teeth is on my list too! I bit the bullet and got the stuff from my dentist... good luck organizing your bills... that is not a fun chore!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You just inspired me to send little Valentine packages to my siblings in college! And bill organization is definitely something I need to tackle this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes girl! Keep me on track with you! haha These are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That's awesome that you made it all the way through the month without buying anything but the purse... just consider that purse as the reward for not spending money on anything else :o)

    I bought the Brilliant HD Deluxe Whitening Kit from Amazon last year and I really liked it. I definitely noticed a difference. You can find it here: http://www.amazon.com/Brilliant-HD-Deluxe-Teeth-Whitening/dp/B00LNIW1EQ/ref=sr_1_14_s_it?s=beauty&ie=UTF8&qid=1454521193&sr=1-14&keywords=teeth+whitening

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was thinking of whitening my teeth soon as well. Let me know if you get any good recommendations as I've only used the strips.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are great goals! This is the first year I have a niece on Valentine's Day and I'm excited to send my niece something!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great list of goals! Love the idea of the Valentine's Day cards. And for such a great cause!

    Xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have been looking for a good teeth whitening product too! I heard the Dr. George's Dental White system works pretty well! Let me know if you find anything good.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I feel like I really need to do a no spend month. Maybe you'll be my motivation! And about the bills, I would go paperless and maybe set up a separate email account that is just used for bills. They will still email you a billion reminders to pay! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely try it! Even if you don't stick with it, I feel like you definitely become more conscious of extra spending.

      Delete