Thursday, February 11, 2016

Facts in Fours

I was reading Molly's blog the other day and saw her Four Facts Survey...as I was looking through it, I thought it was a great post idea.  When I saw that she had nominated me to fill it out myself, I was super excited!  Thanks, Molly!

Four Names People Call Me (Other Than My Real Name):
Em
Eemer (not sure on spelling, but sounds like E mer)
Emmaline
Em Dun

Four Jobs I've Had:
Office Manager - Wastewater Treatment Plant  (I worked in the office at the sewer department in my hometown...it was one of my very favorite jobs, ever.)
Tutor - Business Stats
Accountant - SEC & Financial Reporting
Investor Relations

Four Movies I've Watched More Than Once:
Dirty Dancing - my all-time favorite!
Pretty Woman
A Christmas Carol
The Notebook

Four Authors I'd Recommend:
Nora Roberts
Mary Kay Andrews
Nicholas Sparks
Maeve Binchy

Four Places I've Lived:
Illinois
Missouri
Illinois
Missouri (in that order!)

Four Places I've Visited:
Caledonia, MO
Chicago, IL
Indianapolis, IN
Memphis, TN

Four Things I'd Rather Not Eat:
I am pretty open with trying new things these days, so I am not sure I can narrow it down to four.

Four Favorite Foods:
Spaghetti
Mexican (pretty much anything Mexican)
Mashed Potatoes
Cheese

Four TV Shows I Watch:
Madame Secretary
Modern Family
Teen Mom OG (and Teen Mom 2)
Real Housewives (I am SO pumped that Teresa is back and will be on the next season of RHONJ.)

Four Things I'm Looking Forward To This Year:
Spending time with family
Getting fit and eating healthier
Staying more organized
My birthday - last year in my 20's!

Four Things I'm Always Saying:
Oh my word.
You're a champ!
Teamwork makes the dream work.
Sharing is caring.

I always like these types of posts because it's a great way to learn a little more about the person behind the blog.  If anyone else is interested in sharing your facts in fours, please do so!  I'd love to read them!

Linking up with Amanda and Annie

27 comments:

  1. Cheese is totally one of the best foods there is! Loved learning a little more about you!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these types of posts--it's such a fun way to get to know our blogger friends. Im with you girl--mexican and cheese (and mexican WITH cheese haha) are some of my favorite things to eat, too. I'm interested to see Teresa back on RHONJ (although I really can't take many of the other girls who have been on that show the last season). She seems to have really grounded herself after everything--I'm curious to see if it will last or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts too!! We gave Dirty Dancing and Teen Mom in common!! Do you have a favourite? I think Mike are Maci and Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your favorite foods are some of my favorites too! I've been craving Mexican lately. What a fun post to get to know more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did one of these a long time ago, it was fun. I agree it's great to learn more about bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! I agree with you on mashed potatoes, Mexican and cheese! Those are my top three fav foods right there! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love posts like this! I totally want to do this one! Hahaha i love that you say teamwork makes the dream work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, I feel like it is applicable for almost anything, I love saying it!

      Delete
  8. Yes to mexican!! We're having it tomorrow night and I've been thinking about it all week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mexican and mashed potatoes -- YES! Although not necessarily together ;) And you're brave with trying new foods! I'm nowhere near as picky as I was when I was little, but there are definitely things that are on my NO WAY list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, not together. That would be quite interesting...I just was really stumped when thinking of my "no" list...I am sure there are things I would be like, ew, but I couldn't come up with them yesterday!

      Delete
  10. I'm definitely looking forward to spending more time with my family too! I love that you have so many nicknames. I don't think I've ever read any of those authors. O_oI love factual posts. It's a great way to learn about each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most people just call me Em, but the second and third names are what my dad and my brother call me.

      Delete
  11. Dirty Dancing is the best movie ever in my opinion too!!!! I've seen it probably hundreds of times. Sigh. Patrick Swayze.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am with you on Mexican food-I could probably eat it multiple times a week and not get tired of it. I'm a huge Dirty Dancing fan as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same way...I am always in the mood for Mexican.

      Delete
  13. Ahh! I thought I was one of the only people that uses oh my word. That and "oh my stars" are my too catch phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahahaha your sayings are tripping me out! You sound like a motivational speaker.

    And yes ma'am, give me all the Mexican food as well! I've been going to margarita night at our fave local Mex restaurant on Wednesday nights for about ten years and I never get tired of it. These days it's more like every other week because all of my girlfriends are so busy with babies and such, but it's always fantastic when we do go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YUMMMM to all the Mexican food! And now I need to go home and watch Pretty Woman <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yass give me all the Mexican! lol It's funny we have completely different nicknames..mine are Emmie, Emmas, Eminem, Emz

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have such a craving for Mexican food right now! It's probably my favorite type of food.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this post idea! I'm going to have to copy it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You were in SEC reporting? That's what my husband does! Well... sort of. I mean, he has been an SEC Financial Reporter for the past several years, but he just got a promotion to a different team at his company. He's currently doing both jobs because his old team still needs his help to close out the quarter, but at the end of this month he'll be done with SEC reporting. We're excited for him to have better hours now! :)

    Also my husband is from Illinois so we go back and visit a bit! :)

    Aaand we currently live in Memphis so I love that you listed that as a place you've visited! :)

    Spaghetti and Mexican and Mashed potatoes are favorites of mine too! I like cheese too, but I think I'd have to take that off the list and add PIZZA instead. Oh, I love that stuff!

    I enjoyed reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so cute! Love the nicknames and amen to Mexican food (as I eat Mexican food!!). Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is a fun post!! Cheese is one of my favorite foods, too. I used to say that cheese and/or ranch make everything better. haha ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this post and I can not turn down a margarita and some tacos ever...no way no how! Ha! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete