Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Easy Green Beans

I have mentioned before that vegetables - especially cooked vegetables are not my favorite.  This began to change when I started making these brussel sprouts.  As much as I love brussel sprouts, I figured I needed to change it up every so often.  Enter green beans.  This recipe is so easy and delicious - it makes you want to eat your vegetables!


Easy Green Beans
frozen whole green beans
olive oil
minced, dry onion
red pepper flakes

Bring water in a small pot to boil.  Add green beans and boil for 4 minutes.  Drain water and return to the stove on medium heat.  Add in a drizzle of olive oil, minced onion, and red pepper flakes.  Saute for about 5 minutes, stirring so that the green beans get coated in the olive oil and seasonings.  Enjoy!

This recipe is all about your preferences, hence the lack of measurements.  I can't handle too much spice, so I add in a very small amount of red pepper flakes for just a hint of heat.  I love the taste of the onion bits when they are cooked, so I shake in a good amount of those.  

It's an easy recipe that is simple enough to do, but adds a ton of flavor to an everyday side dish.  If you are looking for a main dish recipe to serve these with, check out the recipe for Chili-Braised Pork Chops (pictured above) here.  


Linking up with Alesha and Laura
  

17 comments:

  1. I'm always looking for new vegetable recipes.. will definitely be trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look amazing! I can't stand the taste of green beans alone so I always have to season them. My MIL cans the green beans she grows in her garden, so I usually just drain those and put them in a skillet with a little olive oil and season salt until they are soft. Best way to eat them!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE our green beans around here!! So easy. I add a little bacon too. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had green beans in forever.. but this makes me want to give them another go!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't made green beans in a long while, but these sound delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummmm, I actually love green beans!
    xoxo
    Brooke|LookBrooke

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm having green beans this week, so this is another way to mix it up! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know you're talking about green beans here, but your entire meal looks delicious! I may make these for Sophie just no red pepper, she loves green beans.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  9. these sound awesome!! I love the bit of red pepper flake in there!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My green beans have always been so bland (even though I still love them) so I will definitely give this easy recipe a go! Make today work, Rachel -CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love green beans and this sounds like such a good combo! The Alexia brand makes a really good frozen french green bean combo that's actually not drenched in sauces or too many seasonings.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We eat a whole lot of green beans in our house, and I've never come across a recipe that includes dry onion or red pepper flakes. I will definitely have to try these. I've actually just been making mine totally plain lately because I got tired of the bacon and onion recipe that I usually make.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so great! I'm always looking for ways to make frozen veggies more appealing as a side dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These sound yummy! I'm like you with enjoying just a hint of heat to my food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a huge green bean fan, but these sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't had green beans in the longest time and I actually really miss them! I usually have them plain but this would definitely kick things up a notch!! I'm pinning this for later :)

    ReplyDelete