Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Chili-Braised Pork Chops

Last night I made chili-braised pork chops.  I have to be honest, I was kind of banking on it being good, because I was hoping to post about it today.  Thankfully, it was GREAT!  The house smelled wonderful, the meat was tender and the gravy was super yummy.  My mom passed along this recipe to me, so thanks mom!


Chili-Braised Pork Chops
1 1/2 lbs boneless pork chops
salt
pepper
1 teaspoon of olive oil
1 3/4 cups of chicken broth
3 Tablespoons of flour
1/2 teaspoon of chili powder

Sprinkle salt and pepper on both sides of the pork.  In a large, straight-sided skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat.  Add pork and brown on both sides, about 7 minutes total.  Whisk together the flour, chili powder and chicken broth and add to the skillet.  Bring liquid to boil, reduce to a rapid simmer, cover and cook 30 minutes.  Uncover and cook until pork is tender and the sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.  Enjoy!

I served this with the Pioneer Woman's mashed potatoes and green beans - check back as I will be sharing that recipe soon!  These greens beans are so delicious and so easy!  Also, I spooned some extra sauce over my pork chop when it was time to eat.  I just love a good gravy.

Linking up with Alesha and Laura

20 comments:

  1. Yum--that all looks so delicious! Everyone has been posting some really good recipes today...I'm loving it!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! Talk about delicious! I don't make pork-chops often...actually once in the last 6 years so I need to try this! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would be allllllllll over this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We buy pork chops all the time! I definitely should try this recipe with them. It is looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks so good! I love pork and will totally give this one a try!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian would love this and I like how simple it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was worried it would be hard to make, but after reading the recipe, it really isn't hard at all!

      Delete
  7. I'm hungry now! I never trust recipes when it comes to seasonings- especially with chili! Then I over spice and feel like email!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes yes YES! I bought pork chops for dinner this week and had no idea what I was going to do with them and now I know! This looks SO amazing! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that sounds delicious! We'll have to try this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love anything Pioneer Woman! This looks like such a delicious meal (and really any excuse to have mashed potatoes ... right?!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting from Candace's blog and thought I'd say hi! :) This looks absolutely delicious! I love when my mom sends me good dinner ideas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look delicious! I know my whole family would love these, thank you so much for the yummy new recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pioneer woman usually never fails (it's only MY execution of the Pioneer Woman's recipes that usually fail me!) :) Make today work, Rachel CubicleCouture

    ReplyDelete
  14. Will be making this this week! I bought pork chops yesterday =)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Girl, you are always posting some delicious stuff! I never make pork chops and I really get tired of the same old chicken and beef, so I think I might actually try these to have something different!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! These look delicious - we haven't done pork chops in a while (pork tenderloin - yes but not these) and I could go for some.

    ReplyDelete