Wednesday, January 27, 2016

What's Up Wednesday 1.27.16

It's the first What's Up Wednesday of 2016!  I am linking up with Shay for What's Up Wednesday, and Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday.


What I'm eating this week...baked oatmeal, mini quiches and beef fasolia!  I am loving Jess's baked oatmeal - it has been my go-to for the last few weeks.  I decided to give myself more choices, by making mini quiches to have on hand as well.  I love having options!  With the temperatures cooling off again (we went from 50's on Sunday to much, much cooler these last few days...the wind just bites at you!), beef fasolia is the perfect comfort meal.    

What I'm reminiscing about...this time last year.  I was in my old job, working lot of hours.  This year, I am in my new job and still working lots of hours, but I am thoroughly enjoying the work!  Amazing to think how much can change!  

What I'm loving...overtime!  Gotta love the extra cash!

What I've been up to...work, working out, cooking and sleeping.  With a tiny bit of blogging in there.  I have lots of blogs to catch up on.

What I'm dreading...I really can't come up with anything - I think that is pretty good!

What I'm working on...going through my closet.  I made it through my pants, skirts and dresses, but I still have lots more to go.  I am hoping to make more progress this weekend.

What I'm excited about...end of busy time at work!  I am talking a lot about work today, but it has pretty much consumed me lately.  The last long day should be Thursday.  It will be nice to get back to normal hours!

What I'm watching...Teen Mom OG.  It's crazy to think how long they have been on TV - the kids are SO big now!  This past episode was Catelynn and Tyler's wedding.  I cried.  It was just really, really sweet.  

What I'm listening to...nothing really.  I always flip through the radio when I am driving, but since my drives are relatively short, sometimes I just get stuck with commercials.    

What I'm wearing...snoozie slippers.  These slippers were a gift from my mom awhile ago.  They don't have a hard bottom, so they are perfect for just lounging around.  They are so warm and soft!  I have the black cat ones in the picture below, but they have a ton of different options.



What I'm doing this weekend...no plans.  I am pretty excited about that!

What I'm looking forward to next month...seeing my family!  We have a weekend picked out to get together, which I am really excited about.    

What else is new...nothing much at all!

For the bonus questions...What is my favorite Valentine's Day treat...conversation hearts.  I LOVE conversation hearts.  They are one of my absolute favorites.  I love this time of year when they are out.  It's a good thing they are seasonal, because I can get through a bag in no time flat.  

via 

26 comments:

  1. Overtime is awesome!!! You can use all that extra money to buy some extra Lilly this year haha! And I haven't watched Teen Mom in so long but when those kids were really teenagers having their babies, I watched every episode that season. I need to try to catch it!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those black cat slippers.. I'm such a cat girl. Also, big fan of Teen Mom OG. I need to catch up on it!!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute are those slippers and they look cozy too! OT for work - yay!! Hope you have a great wednesday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so great you love your job even though you're working so many hours! And yay for overtime! Hope you enjoy having a weekend with no plans after your long week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally cried during Catelynn and Tyler's wedding too! His vows were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your fun slips! And while the taste of conversation hearts don't do it for me, I love the sayings and how they've evolved over the years!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm...that beef fasolia looks nothing short of amazing. Total comfort meal! I've been making similar egg cups for breakfast lately and it has been nice to have something quick but filling and healthy in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your slippers, so cute. I have a pair that are Rudolph, they are so cute, I can't stop wearing them. Yay for overtime.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Overtime is great! Love seeing the extra money in the bank. Yummy, baked oatmeal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been watching Teen Mom OG too! Its crazy how big the kids are...I remember the mom's 16 and pregnant episodes so well still, haha. Its awesome that you are loving your job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Girl I LOST it when they did the dance with Carly on Teen Mom. I just can't quit this show. Love it. Haha! Also now I want mini quiche.. hahah!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OT and liking your job...double win!! Boy am I happy to see someone who loves conversation hearts too! None of my family or friends like them and I absolutely adore them! The Brachs are the best!! Speaking of best, I hope you have the best day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for no plans!! Those are some of the best weekends! I cleaned out my closet on sunday or Monday this week and it was awesome. There's more room than there was before, and I'm glad to donate the things I haven't worn for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  14. All that overtime means you'll have a really fun February... gotta make up for all those no-spend January days!!! :-) Thanks for the link to my oatmeal post! You are so sweet!!! I didn't get a chance to make the mini quiches last night and I'm sad this morning. Definitely going to get that done tonight!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you're loving your new job, even if you're busy/stressed it really pays to be happier. And mini quiches? YUM!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. The snoozie slippers really are adorable. I'd want those too! I stopped watching Teen Mom once I had my own child, I think I saw it differently, like how are they able to make so much money on this? But I did like Catelynn and Tyler, did they have another child? I saw another baby at the wedding (photos on facebook) but I wasn't sure. I loved watching it when they were pregnant and the journey they went through. At the time Maci was one of my favorites, but I was sad when she broke up with Kyle or he broke up with her, I don't know.

    OT is the best! I've gotten some at my work too :) Extra spending money or saving money. It's always nice to have either way.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  17. You gotta love that OT! Make that money, girl!

    And that's great that you don't have anything you're dreading. It took me a while to think of something as well, so I guess we're some lucky gals!

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg Tylers vows were THE sweetest thing ever.
    I may or may not be eating conversation hearts at this very moment. #sorryimnotsorry

    ReplyDelete
  19. I haven't watched any of the Teen Mom shows in a while but Catelynn and Tyler were hands down my favorites! Love them! Those slippers are so fun! I have some slippers but they're not fuzzy--I think I need some fuzzy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  20. We watched that episode of Teen Mom OG last night and it really was so sweet! Tyler's vows were so pretty, and I loved seeing them dance with Carly and her parents!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You have me wanting to bake some mini quiches this weekend to food prep for breakfast next week. Quiche is soo good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad you're loving your new job! Love Vday conversation hearts!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So awesome that you're much happier at your new job. It's always nice to look back and see how much has changed, even in just a year's time! :) I have no concrete plans this weekend either and I'm pretty pumped about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your slippers are adorable! And, so glad you like your new job!
    Thanks for linking up with us for What's Up Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm actually watching that episode of Teen Mom OG right now! Tyler and Catelynn live in the next town over from us so it's cool when the show highlights pretty spots in our area. We actually saw Tyler and his dad eating lunch at the next table over from us at our Panera a couple months ago. It was like a mini-celebrity sighting. haha :)

    ReplyDelete