Monday, January 11, 2016

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was pretty uneventful, which was nice.

Snow was in the forecast for Saturday/Sunday, so I stopped by the grocery store on the way home from work Friday night to stock up.  While they were only calling for 2-4 inches, I knew that if it amounted to that much, along with the extreme cold on Sunday, it would be hard to get myself out to do shopping this weekend.  It was nice to get that done!  

Saturday was breakfast out at one of my favorite places, Southwest Diner.  This is such a neat little restaurant.  Little being the key word.  They open at 8:00 and if you aren't there within 15 minutes of opening, you probably will be having to wait outside in their school bus.  Yes, they have a school bus outside in the parking lot that serves as a waiting area.  While I have been fortunate enough to never have to wait out there, I think the idea is so neat.  This place is pretty eccentric, so the bus fits in well.  The food is delicious, and they have the best margaritas.


The snow came as we were leaving...I was so excited to finally see some snow.  We didn't get as much as they were calling for, but it was a very pretty view from my balcony.  


After a Target run, the rest of the day was spent relaxing at home and watching a few of the Star Wars movies.  I want to watch them before seeing the new one.  I have heard that this isn't necessary, but I thought it would be fun to do and nice to know the background story.

Sunday I decided to try out a recipe I saw earlier this week on Jenn's blog, pasta fagoili.  


I started feeling a little sick later in the day, so by the time it was done, I wasn't really up to eating anything.  However, it looked really good and I can't wait to have some for lunch today!  The day was somewhat of a waste, once I started feeling bad, but I did finish reading The Royal We - review to come!  I also had a bit of a panic when I couldn't find my Kindle charger and tore my apartment apart looking for it.  Unfortunately, after a quick text to my parents, I found I left it there when I was home over Christmas.  Oops!  I am just happy I know where it is, though.

Here is a little motivation for today (found on instagram)...happy Monday!


Linking up with Biana.

21 comments:

  1. I love the snow!!!! We never got any but I really hope we do this winter....just once and then I'll be over it haha! I hate that you left your Kindle charger but thank goodness your mom has it. She needs to mail it to you so you can keep reading haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you started to feel sick during the weekend - that's never fun but lots of lunch to look forward to and side note aren't those crock pot liners a life saver!! Happy Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better! The Royal We is on my list to read, just waiting for it to come in at the library! I'm jealous of your snow, I want just a little here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Margaritas are my favorite and that one looks so good! Have a great week!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fabulous. I drank it too quickly, I wanted to have another one!

      Delete
  5. That diner sounds awesome! A school bus waiting area is a smart idea, especially if they don't have any place to wait inside! And the snow looks so pretty... but cold haha! Glad you were able to find your Kindle charger! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy that you were able to make the pasta fagioli but a big bummer that you came down with something. Hope you're feeling better today and that the soup helps heal you all up!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. an uneventful weekend isn't a bad thing at all. i like when i get those. love the snow...as a GA girl that is! hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum that pasta fagoli looks goood! How pretty is that snow!?
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't feeling real great this weekend either but oh does that soup look good!! And yes, let's make this week a masterpiece!!! ;-) love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Royal We is on my to-read list! I can't wait to hear your review! Sorry you didn't feel well over the weekend.. I hope you are better today and have a good Monday!! PS- yeah for Crockpot liners!! Aren't they the BEST???

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been going back and forth on whether to buy The Royal We. I guess I should just go for it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I want snow!!! I doubt we'll get it but it's fun seeing my blog friends' pictures haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like some of the best restaurants are the smaller ones that only seat a few people. One of the best Italian food places we ever ate at was in Boston, and we waited outside for 45 minutes because there was literally 10 tables. All of the snow looks so pretty! And I hope that you're feeling better! Feeling sick is definitely the worst, especially during this time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That restaurant sounds awesome! I can't say that I've ever heard of a restaurant who used a school bus as a waiting area! So neat!

    Sorry you felt bad yesterday! I'm glad you're feeling better today!

    And I'm so jealous of your snow! It was cold and rainy here this weekend. I'd much prefer cold and snowy. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! When it is so cold and dreary, I feel like it should just snow, if the weather is already going to be that bad!

      Delete
  15. Hope you're feeling better and yay for finishing The Royal We! My favorite book last year, really hoping they make it into a movie. How neat that the breakfast place uses a school bus as a waiting area! Cheers to a fabulous week <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. That diner sounds fun! A school bus as a waiting area?! Now that's just interesting. :) Hope you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Crockpot recipes are the best Sunday dinners, I swear! A relaxing weekend sounds perfect after all the craziness of the holidays. I think everyone in blogland got lots of R&R over the weekend from what I've read so far.

    ReplyDelete