Thursday, January 28, 2016

These are my confessions...

Did anyone else think of Usher when reading this title?  Because I was definitely singing "Confessions Part II" in my head as I was writing this post.

I have seen confession posts on different blogs, and I thought it was a great idea.  So these are my confessions...

I confess...I have turned into a horrible parker.  Ever since I got my new car, I have become terrible at parking.  It's embarassing.  My old car was a lot bigger than my current car now, which you would think makes it easier, but I just cannot get in a spot straight!  Luckily, my car is small, so even when I am crooked, I am still within the lines.  However, it still is pretty awful.  What makes it even worse, is that I feel like I really try to do a good job now, only to fail miserably.  I will be pulling in my apartment parking lot, think I am really straight, get out and no dice.  It's ridiculous.  

I confess...I have a thing with wet shoe laces.  I really don't like it when my shoe laces get wet.  For example, if it is wet outside, when I get home and take off my shoes, I tuck my shoe laces inside my shoes.  That way they have no chance to get caught underneath the wet soles, or get damp from a wet spot on the rug.

I confess...I thought my vacuum was broke, but really, it was just user error.  Oops!  My dad text me the other night, after he heard from my mom that my vacuum wasn't working.  I was planning on calling him this weekend, when I had more time, but it turns out I didn't even need to actually talk to him on the phone.  He had me send him a picture of the bottom of the vacuum and the top part of the bottom.  From those pictures, he was able to tell me how to fix it!  I had accidently pressed down a lever.  It didn't look like it was all the way down, so it didn't even catch my eye.  But my dad saw it and sure enough, once I had moved it, the vacuum worked!  Thanks, dad!  Guess I just need to pay more attention next time.

I confess...sometimes I type in numbers on my ten key at work, expecting them to show up on my computer in Excel.  I feel like I have a reasonable explanation for this, though.  When I first started working, someone got me a left-handed keyboard.  I am not sure why...I am left-handed, but I didn't even know they made special keyboards for that.  The difference in the number keys are on the left-hand side, which is where I keep my ten key.  So I feel like it only makes sense that I sometimes accidentally type on there, as opposed to my keyboard.  I just hope no one ever catches me doing that though, it would be kind of embarrassing!

I confess...I broke my no spend month this past weekend.  The purse I have been lusting after was on sale and the deal was too good, I couldn't not buy it!  

Linking up with Amanda and Annie

16 comments:

  1. I totally thought of Usher!! My vacuum broke too... But I haven't replaced it yet (Opps!) have a great day!!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. love these! At least you broke your rule for something worth breaking it for!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's ok to break the no-spend for something that you've been eying and it goes on sale. Who knows when that would happen again!
    I have a feeling I'm gonna have trouble parking my new car (parallel parking really) since it feels bigger than my last car and I knew the dimensions of that one SO well. We'll get there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always sing usher when I see this title. I hate wet shoes and shoe laces too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the worst at parking, and I have a small car too! Luckily it usually fits all the way in a spot no matter how crooked I park, like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a big time sucker for purses as well! Shoes not so much, but purses always get me. So yeah... I totally understand breaking no spend month for it... especially if it was on sale! :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these!! I'm a terrible parker too! Sometimes I don't even notice until I get out of the car and think - crap, time to repark! Ha! I feel like a lot of places have made the spots way smaller.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank goodness for handy mr-fix-it dad's! ;) Wet shoelaces are so gross- I hate that too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Post a pic of the purse!!! I LOVE me a pretty purse!!! And I cracked up over the vacuum story!! That is so something I would have done too... and immediately called my Dad too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hahah I love confession posts! They're so fun. I am the worst parker ever. My husband keeps telling me with my next car I'll have a back up camera since they're pretty standard now and I can. not. wait.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahahaha I was totally singing Usher as soon as I saw your title in my feed! LOVE him.

    I guess I've never really thought about it before, but I don't like it when my shoe laces get wet either. Ew, touching soggy laces is so gross!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad your vacuum wasn't actually broken. I'm terrible with appliances. O_O

    ReplyDelete
  13. The second confessions post I did I titled, "Confessions Part II" and I mentioned Usher in my intro too!! Haha. I think our generation just can't hear 'confessions' and not think Usher!
    If you were going to buy the purse eventually anyway, it's a good thing you broke your shopping ban to get it for a great deal!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I did think of Usher!! And the shoe laces thing is so funny! I've never heard of anything like that...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha I totally had Usher come to mind too! Right there with you on the wet shoe laces...just yuck!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tell me about this purse please. i need a little but of purse lovin in my life ;)

    ReplyDelete