Thursday, January 21, 2016

The Little Book of Wisdom

I was cleaning my room the other day, when I came across a book my mom had gotten me, The Little Book of Wisdom for Exquisite Ladies.  It literally is a "little book," full of great quotes.  I started looking through it again and just had to share.  It's such a great little gift for pretty much any lady in your life, even yourself!  Below are a few of the quotes found in this book.

Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.  Thich Nhat Hanh

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.  Louisa May Alcott

Ask yourself: Have you been kind today?  Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world.  Annie Lennox  

If the world is cold, make it your business to build fires.  Horace Traubel

Better keep yourself clean and bright.  You are the window through which you must see the world.  George Bernard Shaw

Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle.  Jon Acuff

The most valuable possession you can own is an open heart.  Carlos Santana

Linking up with Amanda and Annie


25 comments:

  1. What strong, wonderful quotes. Finding the book was motivation in disguise.

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. These would be perfect for my classroom door where I write a bunch of quotes each month--saving for February!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't compare your beginning to someone else's middle is one of my favorite quotes ever!! All of them are just so true! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am loving every single one of these! Thank you for sharing these reminders, and inspiration--what a perfect start to my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww love these... especially the one about keeping yourself clean and bright. Thanks for sharing, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that was a really neat way to think about yourself!

      Delete
  6. This are so sweet! I love the one about not comparing your beginning to someone else's middle. I am so guilty of that sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish my mom would have given me a book like this, I think I would have needed it when I was a bit younger. Especially not comparing myself to someone's middle. I struggled with that a lot as a child and even now.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jon Acuff has some good quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love books of quotes like that!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know what? I think I have this book. Is it literally like two or three inches tall?? When I was about twelve, my mom gave me two tiny books - one is called "Mother's and Daughters" and the other is a book about wisdom, but I don't remember if it's this exact one or not. I'm totally going to check tonight when I get home because I still have them! And I love all of these quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many great quotes! That comparison one is so so relevant in the blogging/social media world too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all of these especially the one about being kind. Such a cute little book <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, I love quotes! Usually anything by George Bernard Shaw is inspiring! Thanks for the inspo today!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the first quote. It's such a NICE reminder and a lovely sentiment to girls!
    XO, Jillian
    http://rhymeandreason-jillian.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love quote books like that. Those are some great ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all these quotes, and they are all so true. Love the one about comparing your beginning to another person's middle. What a great little book!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love all of these! They would be great hanging in my cubicle to motivate me during a stressful day :)

    ReplyDelete