Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Show & Tell Tuesdays: 2016 New Year's Resolutions

The start of the new year always brings a fresh start.  What goes hand in hand with a fresh start?!  Setting goals/resolutions.  Today I will be sharing my new year's resolutions.

1.  Improve my overall health.  This includes working out more, being more active in general and eating better.  I recently joined a local gym to help out with this one.  I am lucky in that my workplace has a gym, but the hours aren't always conducive to my schedule, and it isn't open on the weekends.  With my membership at the local gym, I have 24-hour access.  I am very excited about that!  I am really going to make an effort to eat better, whether it be cooking healthier meals, eating smaller portions, or just making better choices when I am eating out.  

2.  Stop putting things off.  Sometimes I am a terrible procrastinator.  For example, there are days when I let the mail pile up, put off emptying the dishwasher, or wait to register my car until 2 days before I absolutely had to.  Why, I am not quite sure.  Usually it is because I want to just sit and relax, but in reality, not doing these things stresses me out.  So even if I am "relaxing," I am not actually relaxed because in the back of my mind I am thinking of what needs to be done.  My plan is to just do these things right away, or as soon as I can, that way I can really relax and just be done with it.  

3.  Focus on the positive.  I feel like there are too many times I get stuck on what is going wrong in my life, rather than what is going right.  Even when I am going through a hard time, there is always something good going on, too.  I want to focus on that good, as opposed to getting stuck on the bad.  Definitely easier said than done some days, but it is something I really want to work on for this year.

What are you resolutions?  And how to you plan on achieving them?

Linking up with Andrea for Show & Tell Tuesdays and Laura for Tuesday Talk.  

18 comments:

  1. These goals are all good ones, especially being positive. It is SO easy to get bogged down by the negative stuff sometimes, so focusing on the positives is a great thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great goals! I think we can all benefit from them. I need to work on not putting things off too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it will definitely be a work in progress on all fronts, but I hope with a little more focus I can make improvements in all areas!

      Delete
  3. I think we all put things off to a degree so you aren't alone there!! Good luck with these goals girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way with the dishwasher...it stares at me all.day.long. too funny!
    http://smialeklife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Focusing on the positive will make this year so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals! My office has a gym too..so I went yesterday during lunch for the first time! I also have a membership to our city's rec center so I can work out with my hubby on weekends, but I have to admit it's really nice to have my workout done during the day so I can relax at night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Props to you for going at lunch! I just can't make myself do that...I don't want to have to shower or put my nice clothes on after a work out to go back to work!

      Delete
  7. Oh girl, I'm totally with you on focusing on the positive! That is something that I need to do so badly. I always get swept up in the negative and what could go wrong, and I've got to do better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Focus on the positive is something I definitely need to implement in my life. If something bad happens, I tend to just check out for the day and assume the whole day is ruined! Ha, it's not pretty!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goal is to keep my workouts going while finishing grad school. I love that your workplace has a gym, but I understand in not wanting to workout during the day. Unless I can shower, I'm not working out haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your goals is awesome! I joined a gym last month also!
    I don't have my goals done yet, but I did my intro!
    Loved getting to know you more!
    Here is my post:
    http://thelarsonlingo.blogspot.com/p/about-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a horrible procrastinator too, and am trying to also be more positive. Awesome goals gurlie, cheers to 2016 <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes to the positive!! It always makes things so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm with you on the trying to be healthier! I was not a happy camper when I went to the doctor this past week and saw how much I weighed, so diet and exercise it is for me! Focusing on the positive is another great resolution for the year! We should all try to focus on the silver lining a little bit more.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are three things I need to work on too! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are perfect, number 1 was one of mine but I love 2 and 3! May have to add those to my list!

    ReplyDelete