Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Mini Quiches + Beef Fasolia

Today I have two recipes for you.  One is new, the other is old, but somehow disappeared from my original post.  

First up are mini quiches.  My mom made these for Christmas breakfast and they were really good.  I made some myself last night.  They are the perfect thing to make ahead and freeze for a quick and easy breakfast.



Mini Quiches
8-9 eggs
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
20 grinds of black pepper
shredded cheese
meat, cooked (bacon, sausage, leftover brats...the options are endless!)
roasted potatoes 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray muffin pan with Pam.  Whisk together eggs, milk, salt and pepper.  Layer the potatoes, meat and cheese in the muffin pan.  Pour equal amounts of egg mixture in the muffin pan.  Bake for 22 minutes, or until the eggs are set.

For freezing, let them cool a bit, then wrap tightly in foil.

Now for the oldie, but goodie.  I posted this last year, but somehow that post is no longer showing up - has that happened to anyone else before?  Anyways, it is on schedule to make this week, so I thought I would share it again.  It has become one of my favorite meals, especially on these cold winter days.



Beef Fasolia
1lb stew meat, cut in 1 inch chunks
1 onion, chopped
4 Tablespoons of olive oil
10 cloves of garlic, minced
1 teaspoon of dried cilantro leaves
1/2 teaspoon of Kosher salt
20 grinds of black pepper
1 Tablespoon of cinnamon
3 cups of water
6 oz. can of tomato paste
2 cans of cannellini beans

Rice
olive oil
a handful of angel hair pasta, broken into 1/2 inch pieces
1 cup of basmati rice
2 cups of water

In a large pot over medium heat, warm the olive oil.  Add the chopped onion and cook for about 10 minutes.  Then, add in the minced garlic and cilantro leaves, sauteing until fragrant.  Add in the meat, salt, pepper and cinnamon, cooking until the meat is light brown.  Pour in 3 cups of water, bringing the mixture to a boil.  Rinse beans, then add in, along with the tomato paste.  Stir everything together, then simmer for 20-30 minutes.  Serve with rice.

I love making this the night before, because it just gets better the more the flavors can mix together.  When you are ready to eat, make the rice.

Heat olive oil over medium heat, then add in broken noodles.  Once the noodles have browned a bit, add in 1 cup of rice and 2 cups of water.  Bring to a boil.  Cover and reduce heat to low for about 15 minutes.  Check to make sure the water is gone, then let sit for about 5 minutes.

Enjoy!

Linking up with Alesha and Laura

25 comments:

  1. I love the idea of making those mini quiches. I am always in a rush before work so it would be nice to grab something that I could eat on the way in!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo, my lucky day...2 new recipes!! I have never heard of the second beef dishand it sounds divine and right up my alley!! Adding the ingredients I need for it to my list!! Have a lovely day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mini quiches are great - I love that you can grab and go for the mornings!! They are so tasty! I'll be trying your recipe!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those quiches look so amazing!!! And anything I can freeze for later is a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love easy morning breakfasts and those mini quiches looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both dishes looks so delicious! I'm all about those mini quiches. Quick and easy for weekday mornings. I could go for one now!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  7. Muffin tin meals are my favorite, you can't beat the convenience and those quiches look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooooh, the mini quiches sound good! I could eat one now. LOL!
    xo, Lily
    beautywithlily.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mini quiches are so yummy! I always get out of control with them though. I could eat a dozen in one sitting. No willpower at all. I think I'll make the mini quiches tonight so I don't have to make too much of a mess.

    liz @ j for joiner

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both look delicious! I love how the quiches can be an on the go breakfast! I'm always running behind in the mornings so I need fast breakfast options :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. i need to make those quiches! I've been eating my baked oatmeal lately but have been craving an egg breakfast.. these are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I heart quiches so much! I will definitely be trying this recipe! And soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those mini quiches sound and look so delicious! I also love how easy they look and that you can freeze them for later!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I swear I remember you posting that recipe before! So weird that it disappeared. Those quiches look so good, and so easy to make with no crust!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These recipes look delicious! I love quiche and we have a ton of eggs so I might put that on the list for this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love quiche and their so easy to make. That's a great idea to freeze them to use later on. I might make a batch this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. both recipes look so tasty! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. yum! I love egg quiches! Sometimes I get ingredient happy and throw in all the veggies/meats in my fridge lol.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those quiche's are always so easy to reheat. I love making egg recipes ahead and then taking them to re-heat for breakfast! I've never hear of anything like that beef fasolia, but I could be down with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. The mini quiches are so cute! We treated ourselves to one during the blizzard and it was so good - definitely a favorite of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. The quiches look great! I like that you can make a big batch and freeze them.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These sound great! I especially love easy breakfast ideas. These mini quiches would be awesome on an English muffin too! Thanks for sharing these recipes with us for Tuesday Talk! -Jessica, Sweet Little Ones

    ReplyDelete