Wednesday, January 6, 2016

January 2016 Goals

Yesterday I shared my New Year's Resolutions and in keeping with that theme, today I am posting my January goals.  My resolutions are more of an all year focus, but I still wanted to set some specific goals for the month of January. 


January Goals

January Goals:


1.  Cookbook Recipes.  I may or may not have bought all of The Pioneer Woman's cookbooks after Christmas.  I received one as a Christmas present, loved it, and decided to purchase all the others.  Her show is one of my favorites to watch on The Food Network, and I love that her cookbooks share stories.  Not to mention, they have step-by-step instructions with pictures!  I love cookbooks with a ton of pictures.  I want to put these to good use and make at least a few recipes out of these cookbooks this month.


2.  Snail mail.  I know I always get so excited to receive something in the mail, so I want to share that feeling of joy by sending cards/packages to others. 


3.  Take more pictures.  This month, I would like to get in the practice of taking more pictures.  I have so many great memories that I wish I had captured, so I want to make a real effort to do so going forward.


4.  No spend month.  I want to attempt to complete a no spend month.  That means no extra spending on anything that isn't necessary.  Coming off Christmas, I thought this would be a great month to try to limit my spending.  I just received a ton of great stuff, I don't need to keep adding more and more to it.  I am a little nervous about this one, so we will see how I do!


Before I go, let me recap how I did on my December goals.


December 2015 Goals:

1.  Check out Christmas lights.  Check!  I did this both in St. Louis and back home with my parents.  Success! 

2.  Clean out my jewelry box.  Nope.  Two months in a row a strike on this one...maybe if I don't make it a goal, it will get done.

3.  Keep exercising!  Yes, I did pretty well with this one!  I even stayed active with my mom while I was home over Christmas!

4.  Make Christmas cookies.  I made these cookies and they were SO GOOD.  They didn't look as great as my aunt's always do, but they were equally delicious. 

Not too shabby in December...hopefully the same will hold true for January!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

 

26 comments:

  1. These are great goals! Please share how the recipes turn out for you! I had one of her cookbooks in my hands at the bookstore and then decided to not spend money :( it would be awesome to receive feedback from someone who has actually tried the recipes!

    Adri
    www.thegoldhummingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely will! I just need to choose first...they all look so great! You should check out her blog, too, she has a ton on there!

      Delete
  2. I love my PW cookbook too! I got her very first one for Christmas and I'm ready to get the rest of hers. I'm like you--I like how they tell stories too. It makes reading them really interesting!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pioneer Woman recipes are soooo delicious! Also, I love hand written letters so love the snail mail goal!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is one of my favorites. It's going to be so hard to choose what to make first!

      Delete
  4. These are great goals lady! Pioneer Woman recipes are always a hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have only made a couple, but they were delicious! I am ready to dive into the cookbooks...my only worry is how will I decide what to make first!

      Delete
  5. I love The Pioneer Woman recipes! Can't wait to hear which ones you make! You should take pics and post it here (two goals at once! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A no spend month is such a great idea - I need to get better at that!! I want to check that recipe book out!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. my mama is obsessed with PW--me too, I follow her on Snapchat! i got her the cookbooks and everything has been a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree there is nothing better than a card or care package in the mail! :-) And good luck with the no-spend month, blogland makes it soo hard to resist sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great goals, lady! I'm with you on more recipes and a no spend month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actual book recipes needs to be mine as well! Also the no-spend is an excellent one! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Luck on your goals!!! I love PW's cookbooks too.. I got a cookbook once as a gift (not PW's) that had NO pictures. None. I was like "what is this? what do I do? How do I know if I want to make this if I don't know what it looks like???" the pictures are key!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the idea of sending snail mail to others, so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the no-spend month! I'm trying to attempt that one as well this month (besides buying anything with gift cards I received for Christmas). So far so good! Good luck to you as well. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love snail mail! I actually just mailed out a pretty card to a good friend. Awesome goals gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. A no spend month? That sounds so difficult but probably so worth it. I hope you rock it! And sending mail is my favorite because I know I love getting things too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is already proving to be difficult, that is for sure!

      Delete
  16. Emily, these are great and I love that you do them monthly I think it makes us feel little bit more accountable when we do the month by month. I'm a snail mail girl too, I get so excited going to the mailbox and getting a pretty letter card More importantly I love to send it out to make others happy too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! It helps to know that I told others, so I feel more committed to getting things done!

      Delete
  17. Those are great January goals! The no spend one is always difficult but so worth it in the end! And you nailed your December goals even if you didn't clean out your jewelry box. Working out in Dec is so tough!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A no spend month is such a great idea! I have it on my 101 in 1001! I also love the idea of sending more snail mail! I always love getting cards in the mail from others!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A no spend month would be so hard if it counted things like going out to eat at all or coffee etc etc. I almost did a no shopping month this month, but then I ended up buying something with a gift card...oops!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love The Pioneer Woman! Her show is the best and I love her recipes. I have been wanting one of her cookbooks for a while, but have yet to get one. After hearing that you got them all, I'm more anxious to get my hands on one! :) Who doesn't love getting cards in the mail? I tried to send out cards on the regular last year and kind of stopped after June came around. But, it's something I'd like to start doing again! It's always fun to send a little love in the mail. Your friends and family will love getting notes from you!

    ReplyDelete