Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Getting Organized, Take Two

Last year, I pulled the trigger on purchasing a nice planner for 2016 (see the original getting organized post here).  Specifically, the Emily Ley Simplified Planner in mint dot.  
2016 DAILY Simplified Planner - Mint Dot
I just started using it and I have to say, it is great!  I love that it has the main calendar page for a quick look at the month.  I think my favorite though, is the fact that it has a page for each individual day.  On this page, you have the day broken down by hour, a to do list with circles for checks (I love checking things off), meal planning and a notes section.  Also, the planner has a little pocket in the front cover, which I have already put to use holding a shower invite and appointment cards.  One thing I was concerned about was how smoothly the pages would turn or if they would get stuck and torn.  While I know I have just used it for a short time, that doesn't seem to be a problem at all.  Pretty much, I just can't say enough great things about this planner.  

I decided to go with using different colored pens in my planner.  I wasn't sure the best route to go, colored pens, stickers, highlighters, etc.  When I came across a post on Biana's blog about these erasable, colored pens, I knew that is what I wanted to use!  I put them on my Christmas list and sure enough, Santa brought them.  There are just enough colors to suit my needs.  The pens write super smooth and I am still amazed at how great the erasers work.


Fittingly enough, one of my favorite blogs, The DIY Playbook, just posted a few tips and tricks on how they get organized for the week.  These types of posts are one of my favorites - I love a peek into others' routines.  I always get great ideas on ways to tweak my own and become more efficient.  If you are looking on ways to help prepare yourself on Sunday for the week ahead, definitely check this post out.

How are you staying organized this new year?

Linking up with Laura for Tuesday Talk.      

27 comments:

  1. Giiirrlllll I have this one too and I'll probably review it sometime soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see if you love it as much as I do!

      Delete
  2. Pretty pens are essential for a new planner :)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the one planner that I have looked at about 10 times and just haven't pulled the trigger buying yet...but i love it! I'm so glad you like the erasable pens - they are seriously the best for planners!! Never have to scratch out or use white out again :) xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty planner! I love planners and getting organized so I will definitely have to check that post out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the colored pens for organizing! I use colored pens in my planner now but it's just whichever one I grab. Maybe I'll start using the colors to actually mean something! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erasable pens??? What is this madness? I love my ban.do planner and have used it excessively since I got it last year. I use highlighters instead of colored pens but those pens look great for when I make mistakes.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love a good ol standard, no frills planner. as cute as the stickers and decorations are, they overwhelm me. i need just the words, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to decide between two planners that I have and I just can't make a choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I NEED a new planner, and love the pens you picked. For me the pens are the second most important part - you have to have cute pens!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just my new planner in the mail yesterday-from Sugar Paper! I'm obsessed. I also got colored pens to help keep it all organized.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. New papers are just the best! And so is color coding!

      Delete
  11. This makes my organization-loving heart SING!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have heard such great things about her planner. You know how i feel about pretty ones! :) And I am a huge fan of those pens too! i just wish they had some more fun colors <3 greedy for more pens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I was wishing they had a few more colors, too, but it is actually the perfect amount for my needs, so I wouldn't know what to do with more!

      Delete
  13. Oh man, I still want to try that Emily Ley planner... I have another Erin Condren for 2016, but I'm so tempted to switch next year. Keep us posted on how you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You know I love organization!! I'm addicted to my EC life planners but I'm always tempted by the Emily Ley one! Love those erasable pens. I may have to give those a try! I love color coding my planner, it really does make life easier!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm all about using a planner! Yours is so cute!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  16. organization is one of my love languages, but I have to be in the perfect mood for it. I need to check out those pens since I just ordered myself a new planner for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Organization makes me giddy and colored pens, well jackpot!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the most important part of that...they are erasable!

      Delete
  18. How pretty is this planner?! And I love that you said it has a whole page for each day <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these planners! I so love being organized, and it's even better when you have a cute planner!

    Xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! It makes it easier to want to use!

      Delete
  20. I love the Emily Ley SP! Last year I got the daily but decided I didn't need the hourly breakdown so I got the weekly this year. It's still the same wonderful planner just condensed down.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love setting up my planners - I'm obsessed!!

    ReplyDelete