Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday Favorites 1.8.16

Image result for friday

First Friday Favorites of 2016!

Resolution and goal setting.  The start of the new year has brought on a fresh outlook and renewed motivation for me.  I am excited to have my resolutions set and my goals for January laid out.  I can't wait to cross a few things of my list!

Comfy pants.  I received these pj pants from my parents for Christmas.  They are super comfortable.  I love wearing them around the house.  We are finally seeing some winter weather around here, so being able to put on some warm, cozy flannel pants at the end of the day has been great!  Something I definitely look forward to.  Although...if my weather app is right, the temperature for tomorrow is 54...what?!

Modern Family.  I received the first four seasons of Modern Family for Christmas this year.  This is one of my favorite shows.  It is a quick show to watch that never fails to make me laugh.  The fact that I have the show right at my fingertips makes it even better.  Since I just started watching the show in the past few years, it is fun to look back on the earlier episodes.

Fruit at work.  One thing my company does that I just absolutely love, is provide fruit at work.  Every few days, I think Mondays and Wednesdays, fruit is delivered and left on the kitchen island for people to pick up.  I always grab a few bananas to keep at my desk.  It's a very nice perk the company offers.  It helps me make sure to always get at least one serving of fruit in for the day and snack healthier.

Christmas-free apartment.  I was able to get my tree down earlier this week, which was my final bit of Christmas still up.  While I am sad to see everything go, it is amazing how much more open and bright my apartment is now.  I am glad to get everything back in order. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I am ready to have a nice, relaxing, "normal" weekend.  My cough is pretty much gone which will hopefully make this weekend much more productive, while still relaxing.

Linking up with AndreaApril and Amanda.

34 comments:

  1. I looooove Modern Family!!!!

    Have a great Friday!

    Adri
    www.thegoldhummingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Modern Family first aired when I was a senior in college and I remember always laughing so loud when it would be on and my roommate would always be studying and could never watch it with me haha! And it's awesome that your work provides fruit!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow the fruit at work idea is so smart! We just have candy everywhere! Have a great weekend!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh we have so much candy, too! Luckily with the fruit around, it makes it a little easier to make a better choice. At least sometimes. :)

      Delete
  4. Modern Family is the best! I should go back and re-watch from the beginning. Hope you have a great and productive weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that your work delivers fruit, so great and modern Family Rocks!! I hope your weekend is ahhmazing and peaceful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've still got my christmas up! i will miss it, but like you, i'm always in love with how open the place is once it's gone and clean! happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Modern Family is one of my all time favorites and I always love hysterically. I have only caught it sporadically and need to start from the beginning. The actor who plays Manny is actually from here so we actually see him and his sister out and about sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Modern Family never gets old to me. Such a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I miss my Christmas decorations, but you're right, everything looks cleaner and more fresh!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Putting away Christmas is always sad, but I do like the openness and the cleanliness of the fresh new year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pajama pants look so comfy! I need them! :) And LOVE Modern Family. I always watch the reruns on tv even though I've seen every episode a million times haha! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I felt the same way when we took everything down this past weekend - the place feels cleaner and back to normal! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  13. i LOVE Modern Family! I would love to have the first few seasons to watch on DVD... I didn't start watching it until like 2 years ago!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Crazy how anxious we are to put decorations up.. but then how refreshing it is when they come down! My house also grew like 3x when I put the Christmas decor away haha

    ReplyDelete
  15. How awesome that your work provides fruits every week! I love that! More places should do that for sure.
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Modern Family too, and the 30 minute episodes go by so quickly! I'm determined to watch them all in order, so I have the first few seasons on DVD too. I can't wait to get all caught up though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How comfy are those pants! And the fruit at work is such a nice perk instead of the regular unhealthy snacks, yum! Happy Friday gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your company gets fruit delivered?? what an awesome perk!!!! My office just seems to be full of candy all the time.. I'd way rather have fruit, and so would my waistband.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We love Modern Family so much, too!

    That is amazing that your company provides fruit for you guys! I eat a bowl of fresh fruit every morning and an apple every afternoon and it sure would save me a lot of money if my work would pay for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely helps - I used to buy bananas at the beginning of every week and forget them at home, or they would end up going bad. Now, I just eat them from work!

      Delete
  20. Comfy pj's makes relaxing at home so nice!! I feel so much better now that all our Christmas stuff is put away too!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was so sad to see Christmas go but I agree, everything feels more open, cleaner, bigger - it's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh I was so sad to see Christmas decorations go. Now my house just looks grey.

    HashtagMomBlog

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Modern Family. Such a short, mindless show! I was cracking up at Wednesday's :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too! It was interesting to see the first episode...how they introduced all the people. Such a great show!

      Delete
  24. Those pj pants are so cute! The jogger style is so unique. I wish my company provided fruit! I would be all over that.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I adore Modern Family - actually, the entire ABC lineup on Wednesdays I love! Fruit at work? That's fab! I have to have it in the house at all times! Hope you have a great weekend pretty lady! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those look as comfortable as mine and they have pockets....I must invest in these PJ pants.

    you know I have several neighbors who still have all of their Christmas decorations up, so some people are pushing it. But that's them.

    And how nice of your work to provide fruit for you. We provide coffee for free at my work but it's god awful. I wish we had fruit over coffee!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wow you are lucky that your company does something like that. A really healthy and generous perk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I think everyone loves it, because the fruit doesn't last very long before it is scooped up!

      Delete