Friday, January 15, 2016

Friday Favorites 1.15.16

Finally Friday!  This week has been a long one.  I am definitely ready for the weekend.  Onto my favorites...

Madam Secretary.  This is one of my very favorite shows.  Everything about it is just SO GOOD.  I feel like I can be laughing one minute, then wanting to cry another while watching this show.  It started back up on Sunday and I am so very happy about that.

Pretty Little Liars.  I am a huge Pretty Little Liars fan.  I began watching when it first aired and have been watching since.  The "5 Years Forward" season premiered this week.  I can't wait to see how things play out.  One thing I especially loved in this first episode was how they went full circle...the story first started with them having a sleepover in Spencer's barn and this episode included them having a sleepover at a hotel...who knows what is going to pop up from that night!

The Barndominium.  For those of you that watch Fixer Upper, you know what I am talking about.  The episode this week was by far my favorite reveal of the season.  I love how they used the industrial features, like the windows and the stair railing and that amazingly huge table Clint built.   

Staying busy at work.  Things really geared up at work this week.  While it can make for long and tiring days, I do feel like it makes them fly by.  I would much rather be busy than not.  This is also my first time in my new job (not as new anymore - it's already been almost 3 months!) that I am experiencing one of our busy periods.  There has been so much to learn, but it is all so interesting.  It just makes me excited about having this job all over again.

St. Louis.  In case you haven't heard, the St. Louis Rams will be no more - they are moving to LA.  From what I gather, the city and the state were offering to do their part in building a new stadium.  However, you could tell the Rams owner had made up his mind that he wanted to move, because that was not enough to keep the team here.  While the Rams leaving has been a huge blow to the city, the owners of the Cardinals and Blues have rallied together to show their support for what Wall Street Journal has named the best sports city

Linking up with AndreaApril and Amanda.

23 comments:

  1. Everyone is talking about the reveal this week - I need to see this episode! I've had a busy week at work as well and it's not slowing down - I dont know whether to be happy or sad LOL! happy friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that the Rams were leaving...what does California need with ANOTHER football team? I don't get it. Sorry about that loss, I'd be bummed if our local team left :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm slowly but surely making my way through this season's Fixer Upper! I record them all and then watch them when I have time, so I may have to jump ahead and see what the big reveal from this week was! Have a great weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on the busy at work part! It's been crazy this week and makes the weekends that make sweeter! Have a wonderful one!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is for sure! It's been another crazy week - ready for tomorrow!

      Delete
  5. I seriously couldn't believe that the Rams were moving to LA! And I heard the Chargers might join them?! WTF. And I feel you on being busy at work! Hope you get to relax this weekend! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love PLL also haha! It's my favorite guilty pleasure show. I love that they jumped five years forward, but am not really sure what's going to happen plot-wise... it looks like it's going to be pretty similar as before. But oh well haha I will still watch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Fixer Upper! I don't have cable, though, so I'm always behind haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was surprised about the Rams move!!! I remember when we lost the Seattle Sonics NBA team to Oklahoma years ago, and it was so sad!! The city STILL has hopes they'll "come back" ... But yes, you do still have a really good baseball team :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Madame Secretary too! Easily one of my favorite shows!

    This week's Fixer Upper was really interesting, but not my favorite. I loved the industrial elements & taking on a non-traditional structure to fix-up, but the style wasn't my favorite. I loved little details though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The layout was pretty inconvenient, but I did love a lot of the design elements.

      Delete
  10. It has been a long week, I agree!!! Happy Friday (finally!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear so many people talk about Pretty Little Liars but I've never watched it! I may need to give it a try on one of these gloomy winter days!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Staying busy at work is definitely a good one. It really does make the day pass much faster! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I had no idea about the Rams, that's so sad! Cali doesn't need another team, they already have the Raiders, the 49ers, and the Chargers! I keep hearing amazing things about Madam Secretary, sounds like I need to play some catch up. Happy Friday gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was so incredibly excited for the newest PLL episode! I thought it was perfect that they had the sleepover in the hotel room and that it set up the rest of the season perfectly! I'm a few episodes behind on Fixer Upper, but the Barndomium sounds absolutely amazing! I always love seeing their designs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It was crazy how much the Pretty Little Liars episode was just like the very first episode! Especially the funeral at the end, with the black veil, and the police talking to them, and someone watching them from a car...all the same! I thought the episode was just okay, but I think it'll start getting better because they just kind of had to reintroduce everyone and give us a background on what happened over the last five years.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh girl I so know what you're saying, isn't Clint on fixer-upper a genius and a master craftsman! Just love that show! Chip and Jo Jo are my peeps!! I love staying busy at work too! I kind of think it makes the weekend seem all the more sweeter! I hope you're simply wonderful beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had no clue the Rams were moving to LA!!! I agree busy is better and I'm about to head into a busy season.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a fun post but as Cubs fans, my family hates St. Louis lol.
    The Rad Wife

    ReplyDelete
  19. The episode of Fixer Upper was my favourite too! There are so many things I loved about the reveal! It makes me want to buy a barn and transform it

    ReplyDelete
  20. So crazy the Rams move is actually happening. We actually just hired 2 people from the Rams front office since their jobs aren't taking them with them to LA. I bet it's crazy over there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  21. ughhhh the barndominium was probably my least favorite! I loved her decor, but wasnt crazy about the layout and the big dining room being downstairs when the kitchen was upstairs. Just doesn't seem practical when they wanted this big space to entertain but have to carry dishes up and down the stairs the whole time!? Of course, love what they did with the overall space though. Joanna can do no wrong!

    ReplyDelete