Monday, January 4, 2016

First Weekend of the New Year

Happy New Year!  Although we are just a few days in, I am very optimistic about all the things 2016 has in store!

My New Year's Eve was pretty low-key.  Sometime last week I had a cold come on, and it is has been hanging around since!  Due to that and the fact that NYE has never been one of my favorite days, pizza and Game of Thrones were on my agenda.  I didn't quite make it to midnight, but I did see the ball drop in New York, so I think that counts!

Friday, I went to see The Big Short.  It was SO good.  The theater was packed.  I don't think they anticipated the interest, because it was on one of the smaller screens.  I don't know the last time I have been to a movie with that many people!  I hadn't really seen any trailers for this movie, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  It had more of a documentary feel to it, but I really enjoyed that aspect.  I was amazed to hear in detail what all went on during the time the market collapsed due to the housing bubble.

Saturday, I didn't do much at all.  I started feeling pretty bad and tried to rest.  Which, allowed me to read some of the books I got for Christmas!  I had heard good things about The Selection Series, so I put them on my list.  They reminded me a bit of The Bachelor, in a different type of setting.  Keep an eye out later this month, I will be doing a review on them!

I decided Sunday that I was sick of being sick.  I planned on putting away my Christmas decorations on Saturday, but thought if I rested instead, I might feel better.  While I still didn't feel great when I woke up, I decided I was just going to get everything done anyways.  It might take me a bit longer, but I knew it would make me feel better this coming week.  It's always sad to take the decorations down, but at the same time, it is nice for things to get back to normal.  I made it through almost everything, I just need to take down my tree tomorrow.  I would call that a success, for sure!

I definitely am not ready for Monday...it has been really nice to have time off for the holidays, followed by a long weekend.  Here's a little extra motivation, in case you too, are having a rough time getting going!


.:
via 

Linking up with Biana.

15 comments:

  1. We saw The Big Short this weekend, too, and I thought it was really good as well! The Selection Series was a lot of fun--I really enjoyed reading the series and I'm glad that you did too!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're the second person to mention how great the big short was - jenn above was the first haha!! I'm sorry to hear you weren't feeling well but hope you've kicked this cold's butt!!! Happy monday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen the trailer for The Big Short and I was wondering if it was any good, glad to know it is! Happy first monday of 2016, girl! Sending you get well wishes with your cold!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you've been feeling so cruddy again, *hugs* hope you feel better soon. I've been wanting to see The Big Short too, definitely on my list for an upcoming weekend. Cheers to a fabulous week and new year <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to see The Big Short. I have heard such good things about it!

    Happy New Year and Have a Great Week!!
    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is such a neat movie! I hope you enjoy it! Happy Monday!

      Delete
  6. I definitely want to see The Big Short! It sounds so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sweetie, I'm so not ready for Monday either! I was excited we get our first snowstorm today, but the roads are so slick it tripled my commute! I am not a fan of NYE either but it's a fresh start and we got this girl!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I am so glad you made it safely! While I love snow, the road conditions that come with it are NOT my favorite. I hope you have a great Monday!

      Delete
  8. I'm not ready to head back into reality either.. but I'm ok with this Monday because the Bachelor starts! Do you watch?? I'm stoked!! it's the best trashy entertainment. :-) hope your Monday goes well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is always the biggest letdown week for me too!!! Christmas decorations are gone, back to work and no vacation in sight haha .. wah wah. I'm trying not to be a Debbie Downer!!! Hope you're feeling better!!! Wishing you all the best in 2016!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We want to see The Big Short! I saw The Hateful Eight on Saturday----typical Tarentino movie...super gory but kept me guessing the whole time! You will LOVE The Selection Series! I'm waiting on the newest one to be released in May!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dang, girl! I hope you feel better soon! I can't believe that you're still not totally better.

    And I want to see The Big Short soooo bad. You're like my official movie reviewer... I always hear movie reviews from you before anyone else. Lol.

    Get better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. NYE has never been my favorite either! Once I decided to not try and really celebrate it and just hang out at home with champagne and good food in my pajamas...it's become a great night in my book! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you're feeling better! I was recovering over my break as well, but feel better now. We had a lowkey NYE, yay for lowkey NYE. You always mention new movies, I have to really start checking them out. I feel like I live under a rock. Hope you get better soon! And can really enjoy 2016

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete