Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Crockpot Shredded Chicken

Today I am sharing with you one of my favorite and easiest recipes.  First, though, a few highlights from the weekend.

Seeing Spotlight.  This was a super tough movie to watch.  For those of you not familiar, the movie is based on the true story of how The Boston Globe discovered the scandal within the Catholic Church that came out in the early 2000's.  The cast was amazing - so many great actors/actresses.  I feel like the movie did a really nice job of handling a hard topic to discuss.  

Breakfast at The Shack.  I had breakfast with one of my best friends Sunday morning at a place I had been wanting to try, called The Shack.  The last time I was at this place, it was a BBQ restaurant.  I had heard good things and the food definitely lived up to the hype.  The breakfast tacos were amazing, as were the hash browns.  They had a bunch of good things on the menu - I can't wait to go back and try some other things!

Star Wars!  I finally saw the Star Wars movie.  It was awesome.  I didn't make it through all of the previous movies before seeing it, but I don't know that I missed anything.  I would recommend at least seeing 4 and 5, because I think that gave a good background.  Even if I hadn't seen any of them, I still think I would have liked it.  I am really excited to see how they expand on the story laid out in this movie.

Onto the recipe!  I went through a phase where I would make these salads for lunch every week.  I wanted an easy way to make a bunch of chicken, so I came up with this easy recipe.  


Crockpot Shredded Chicken
2-3 chicken breasts (frozen or thawed)
2-3 chicken bullion cubes
2 cups of water
1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of dried, minced onion
1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
1/4 teaspoon of Kosher salt

Place chicken in the crockpot (I use a smaller crockpot for this).  Add all other ingredients.  Cook on low for 8 hours, or high for 4 hours.  Shred chicken directly in the crockpot with two forks.  Cook for about 15-30 minutes longer.

I like how this gives the chicken flavor, and it is super easy!  I began using this for the salads, and now I pretty much use it any time I need shredded chicken.  

Linking up with Biana, Alesha and Laura

14 comments:

  1. This sounds so good! I've made something similar and added in black beans. I'll have to give this specific recipe a try next time!
    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are always looking for different crock pot meals and this one is definitely on my list of recipes to try!! Thanks so much for sharing! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crockpots are seriously the best! I’m always looking for good, seasoned chicken options for a multitude of recipes and this one sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, breakfast tacos sound like the best idea ever! And I still haven't seen Star Wars so you weren't the only one! That crockpot chicken sounds amazing, definitely going to have to give it a try! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at crockpot! This looks delish and perfect for a weekday meal <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds great! I really want to start using my crock pot more, because, believe it or not, I really don't use it very much. CRAZY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looooove chicken on my salads and this seems easier than buying a rotisserie chicken, cutting it up and storing it for when I need it. This also seems much yummier :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never added any of the spices before to mine....just water and chicken in the crockpot. I will try this next time!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had never thought to do bouillon cubes! such a good idea to add flavor!!! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I. Love. Shredded. Chicken. I mean love it. This is so simple to make ahead too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great make-ahead meat. Most Sundays I have some cooking!

      Delete
  12. I need to try this! Sometimes shredded chicken can be so bland but this recipe would definitely make it more exciting! And those strawberry walnut salads look delicious!

    ReplyDelete