Thursday, January 14, 2016

Book Club 1.14.16

Anyone that knows me, knows I am a huge bookworm.  I absolutely love to read.  When I saw that Sarah and Victoria were hosting a book club link up, I knew I wanted to participate.  I thought I would share the books I have read thus far in 2016.

The Selection Series: The Selection, The Elite, The One - Kiera Cass 



I believe I saw these books on Jenn's blog first.  After reading her review, I thought these would be right up my alley.  While I did enjoy them, they probably weren't my favorite.  Basically, the books are a play on The Bachelor in a royal setting.  Some parts I thought lagged on and there was so much back and forth in the relationship of the main characters.  That being said, I did want to know how the story ended, so I flew through them.



While I said the first three books weren't my favorite, I really, really enjoyed this book.  Again, the story is similar to The Bachelorette, but this time, the story is told from the point of view of the princess who is participating in the selection process as a way to distract the people from a politic uprising.  I can't wait until the next book in the series comes out.  I am so anxious to see how the story unfolds!



The book was EVERYWHERE last year.  Everyone had such great things to say about it, I knew I had to give it a try.  While I thought it was good, I wouldn't say it was my favorite book.  The story is about an American girl that goes to Oxford for a semester, where she meets the prince and they fall in love.  There are many ups and downs to their relationship, right down to the last few pages.  I think that was the thing that left me wanting more.  I am always a fan of the "epilogue" or a chapter that is a few months/years down the road.  However, if you love reading about a royal love story, definitely check it out.

What books have you read lately?  Can't wait to check out the others in the link up.

Linking up with Sarah and Victoria, Amanda and Annie
      

26 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you didn't love the Selection Series. I agree that parts of the story dragged and I just wanted SOMETHING to wrap up, but I enjoyed the third book of the series the most, when things finally came together. The Heir was interesting too.
    The Royal We I really enjoyed. Maybe there was no epilogue because she's planning a sequel?? I can only hope! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been on the fence about the selection series...not sure I'm ready to commit yet! I loved the royal we - totally envisioned prince william and kate while I was reading LOL xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read The Royal We! I haven't had much time to read lately but now that the holidays are done, I really want to get back into it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought The Royal We was super cute and an easy read but I really wanted to know what happened. Or at least if they got married in the actual ceremony! Maybe they'll do a second? <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the selection series two years ago on a whim and found it was a fun easy read. I liked the first and last books best, the middle one was kind of eh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i have heard of those at the top and read the royal we. i liked it--fun, quick, light read. i wanted more too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these, but they look pretty colorful! :D I've been reading my Bible, a few other small books, and perusing cookbooks lately!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love epilogues in stories. I think I'll check out the Royal We, it reminds me of the movie, the Prince and Me with Julia Stiles and I loved that movie so I'll probably love this book.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVED the Royal We but agree it sort of just ended. I wonder if they are doing a book 2 and that's why? But I was like "WAIT!" haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard so many people talking about The Royal We. I guess I need to check it out, I do love a good royal story!

    Xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH GIRL. WHY did I forget the Royal We? All our fave books are the same. YAY! Haha. I feel like I'm going to need to reread Selection and Royal We this year. Can't help myself! XO Thanks so much for linking up friend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You're right though.. the second "set" of Selection is better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So interesting and I think I might have to read a couple of these. I've recently downloaded the kindle library app from amazon and been reading a lot more. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That app sounds perfect! Definitely an easier way to read more.

      Delete
  14. I saw that book The Royal We everywhere last year too, but I never got around to reading it... I do still want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been wanting to read The Royal We. I like reading about royal love stories, so I will add that to my definite list for 2016.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love every book you mentioned! I'm ready for the sequel to The Heir to come out! Did you know they are making a movie for The Selection?
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard so many great things about the Selection series! My friend from work that's always my #1 book recommender talked about how much she loved them so I bought the first one. Now I just need to read it! You're so right, The Royal We was everywhere last year! I still need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just finished All Fall Down and it was a really good easy read that was pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. All of the books you listed look like fun reads. I need to add them all to my reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  20. im just starting a book club for feb. you should come by :) So glad I came across your blog on the link up! Hope you'll stop by mine as well :) Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the royal we on hold at the library everyone is waiting to read it! Seems like all the rage.

    ReplyDelete