Monday, December 21, 2015

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  I hope you had a great weekend!  I am so excited that it is almost Christmas!  This past weekend has been really nice and I am so excited for the week to come.

Friday was pretty busy at work.  I had my annual review, which is never one of my favorite things.  I understand the purpose, but in my opinion, I would much prefer if my boss rated me, and I commented on that, rather than rate myself and hear feedback on my comments.  The good thing is that it is done and over with!  The evening brought a movie and dinner.  No, I didn't go to Star Wars, but saw Sisters with Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.  Those ladies are seriously hilarious.  The movie was funny, somewhat inappropriate (in a funny way), and also heartwarming.  We laughed out loud at it a lot.  The theater was full of older people (it was a 4:10 movie).  I am not sure if they appreciated it as much as we did.  It was crazy heading out of the theater...SO MANY PEOPLE.  Everyone was in lines for Star Wars.  I was disappointed, though, I only saw one person dressed up.  We did a quick dinner and I made an early night of it...I could not keep my eyes open!

Saturday was spent watching more Game of Thrones.  Next up is Season 4!  That shows just kills everyone off.  And usually some of the characters I really like!  I packed and got my apartment ready - I always like to clean up a bit when I leave, that way when I come back, I don't have to worry about cleaning my apartment, on top of unpacking.

Sunday was a super early start to head to my parents.  I took this whole week off, which is going to be so nice!  We did lots of Christmas things yesterday...baked cookies, watched movies, started on the Christmas puzzle and drove around looking at Christmas lights.  One of the local banks has a light/music display, which I thought was really neat.  By that, I mean they have the lights moving in time with music.  There is also a house in town that always does one, too.  It kind of blows my mind...I can't quite figure out how that works?!

home sweet home!

Christmas cookies!


Hope you all had a great weekend!

Linking up with Biana.      

21 comments:

  1. A whole week off at home with your parents - sounds absolutely perfect! I hope you enjoy this time!! I want to see sisters...but will probably wait until this weekend!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house looks adorable! Jealous that you are off all week.. have a great time at home!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My PTO bank will feel it, but definitely is worth taking the time off! And thank you, I will definitely share your kind words with my parents. :)

      Delete
  3. Hooray for a whole week off! Enjoy time at home with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that hasn't happened since last Christmas so this week off is much needed!

      Delete
  4. Love how classic your parents decorated their house! And enjoy your week off! This is the best time of the year to be off work :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful tree, yummy cookies, inviting, cozy home, just perfect!! Let your parents spoil you rotten sweet girl!! I want to see Sisters so bad!! Let this week be super Merry my friend!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty darn close to perfect! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like so much fun! I've been wondering about Sisters - everyone's been talking about Star Wars so hadn't heard of anyone seeing it yet. Hope you have a great week off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your week off with the fam, it sounds like the perfect way to celebrate Christmas this week. And YUM to those cookies <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas isn't Christmas without the cookies :) Love that you went to bed early on a Friday night...sounds just like me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much every night is an early night for me...even more so on the weekend which is terrible! I just get so tired!

      Delete
  9. Oh we have ours coming up too! But instead we get ours in the new year, what a great way to start the year right? I had a great perfomance review last year, but we'll see for this year. I saw that movie previews, but not the actual movie just yet, it looks hilarious. But then again it's Tina Fey and Amy Pohler. Tina Fey did great with Mean Girls.

    Is the house in time with the music the one that does the Star Wars one? Because that one is amazing. I'm talking about this one. I think they've done others too.

    My mom and I baked cookies yesterday too! And by bake I mean I ate most of them after we baked them hah.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. a weekend is always perfect if christmas cookies are involved. :)

    if you get the chance i'd love for you to check out my blog! have a merry Christmas! :)
    love, rach.
    So, hi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to see Sisters! It looks hilarious!!
    Also, enjoy your week off. Its a great week to have off and spend with family :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I desperately want to decorate a sugar cookie. Just one. I'm wondering if they have tiny kits at the store with a cookie and some random frosting, because I just want to do that! Ha!

    I want to see Sisters! Amy and Tina crack me up. Michael has this whole week off too and he's with his family. I am so jealous! Hope you have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those cookies look relish!
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. Thank you! My parents' house is one of my favorite places.

      Delete
  15. I want to see that movie so bad, too! Forget Star Wars! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete