Monday, December 14, 2015

Weekend Favorites

I decided to take a break from my Christmas-themed posts and highlight some of my favorites from this weekend.

Days off.  I had one day of PTO left to use before the cut-off, so i took Friday off.  One of my favorite things is not having to wake up to an alarm.  It is SO nice.

Game of Thrones.  I don't have HBO, but recently got my hands on a few seasons of the Game of Thrones.  I really, really like it!  I can't wait to keep watching and see how the story progresses!

Nice Walgreens workers.  Sunday I had a bunch of errands to run...my last stop was Walgreens.  The check out lady was SO NICE.  I was tired from running all over, the weather was super crappy, but this lady was so sweet, it turned my mood around.

3 year olds.  I helped out some friends this weekend by watching their kids while they were at a Christmas party.  The kids were SO cute.  Just very sweet.  We spent the time counting, discussing what words started with which letters, naming shapes of everything around, reading books and playing Pop the Pig.  While I love my nephew being a baby, I can't wait til he gets to that age so we can do some of those same things together.

Having just enough wrapping paper.  I officially have all my presents wrapped and ready to go.  And I had exactly the right amount of wrapping paper to do it!  Knock on wood...hopefully something else won't pop up that I am forgetting about!  It would be just my luck to jinx myself.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Linking up with Biana.


14 comments:

  1. I love when we use up all our wrapping paper we have two more rolls left, but no more gifts left to wrap lol!! PTO days are really the best...sadly I didn't have any with the new job change a few months ago!! Happy monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, having just enough wrapping paper IS the best! Usually, for me, it's having JUST under what I need haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers to all of fun and and getting all your presents wrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Age 3 is a lot of fun... my son is 3 and I love their imaginations and having conversations with him. That was so nice of you to babysit!!! I'm sure your friends really appreciated it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree that not having to set an alarm is the greatest thing ever!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes to taking an added day off, nothing better! You're so sweet for babysitting! I've heard so many people love Game of Thrones but I haven't ever tried..may have to see where I can find it now!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Fridays off!! I need to do a serious wrapping session too - eek!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Game of Thrones... my husband is OBSESSED, but I just cannot seem to get on board. I always hear so many people talk about how much they like it and I wish I could get into it, but I can't. :o(

    Glad you enjoyed your day off!! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love toddler-age kids...they are just so cute and funny! I especially love that they've started developing more of a personality. But of course I think babies are too cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. PTO ROCKS! Some days you just need to relax and i'm sure it was amazing. Not just sleeping in, but not having anything you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh I'm avoiding the wrapping. Even though your weekend wasn't super Christmas-sy it sounds like you got a lot done. #reallife
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Way to go getting the wrapping done - my favorite part! I love to do it in spirts but I think this year I've only got time for one massive day of it!

    ReplyDelete