Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Reindeer Food

Today I have for you a recipe for the reindeer!  My mom used to do this with her school kids.  I thought it was just too cute not to share!  The idea is to make this, then sprinkle it outside on the lawn Christmas Eve.  Such a fun and cute 'recipe' for kids!



Reindeer Food
1/4 cup of oats
2 teaspoons of green sugar
2 teaspoons of red sugar
1 teaspoon of Christmas sprinkles

Combine all ingredients together.  



Store until Christmas Eve.  Make sure to include a label with the following:


Sprinkle on the lawn at night
The moon will make it sparkle bright
Santa's reindeer fly and roam
This will guide them to your home.

I think this would be a great project for kids, or it would make a super cute party favor.  

Linking up with Sweet Little OnesFull Time Mama and Pinky.

   

21 comments:

  1. We used to do this at my grandma's house on Christmas eve! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable!! I did something similar when my boys were little and they loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I love traditions like this!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so adorable - I'll have to share with my sister to do with her kids! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really cute idea!!! I'm doing this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute idea for children!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! I will have to remember this for when we have kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too cute, perfect activity to do with kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's adorable! My parents would leave baby carrots for the reindeer with the cookies for Santa, but they never did this. I will have to do this with my future kids!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute idea! I don't have kids yet but definitely storing this away for when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this and I've never seen anything like it! We always leave carrots for the reindeer on Santa's plate, but if I was a reindeer, I think I would like this much better than a carrot. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cute!! We'd always leave cookies and milk for santa and celery for the reindeer. I could do this with sophie this year!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. definitely saving this for when harper gets older! such a cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is making me miss being a kid. This was my favorite part - we'd always sprinkle reindeer food out in the backyard and be so surprised that it was gone the next day! Ahhh, the life of a kiddo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so awesome! I know, I miss those days for sure!

      Delete
  15. This is so, so cute! I've never heard of it before, but I love it!!

    ReplyDelete