Wednesday, December 9, 2015

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas...

Christmas is one of my favorite holidays to decorate for.  Like fall decorations, I feel like Christmas, too, makes the house feel so warm and cozy.  I love the glow of the lights on the trees, the reds and greens - just everything!  Here is a peak inside my apartment, decorated for Christmas.

The tree is the first thing you see when you walk in the door.  I use a ton of different ornaments to decorate.  I grew up with my mom doing that and I just love the look of everything in there together.  It's almost as if it tells a story!



I love these stockings...I bought them last year from Pottery Barn Kids.  While I wish I could add some nice green garland, I think it would look too heavy since I don't have a mantle.  I use a red berry garland from Target, that is also found on a shelf in my dining room.  Since everything is open to each other, I love how it seems to tie both spaces together for a cohesive look.  Also, if you take a look at the background of this picture, you will see I have something hanging from my door knob - sleigh bells.  My grandma was getting rid of these a few years ago, and I immediately asked if I could have them.  My mom always hangs jingle bells on the doors at home, so not only is it a fun sound when you open the door, it also makes me think of home!




Both of the pictures above are from a bookshelf I have in my living room.  I just used small ornaments under my cloche to add a pop of color, and I love these little mercury glass trees.  I picked them up at a cute little store last year after Christmas.  I love checking places out after Christmas to find pieces to add to my Christmas decorations.


I have this cute little wreath hanging on the mirrored window above my couch.  I love how it has both the greens and reds from the berries.

Per usual, I mix up what is under my larger cloche according to the time of year.  I have a few bottle brush trees stuck under there.  I can keep these up through the winter, which is a win, win for me!  

When my mom was in town helping me decorate, we found these little wreath ornaments at Target.  My mom doctored this one up with red berries, and we hung it with a ribbon from the top of the chalkboard mail holder I have in my kitchen.  There were three wreaths in a package, so we hung another one from the medicine cabinet knob in my bathroom.

I love decorating this shelf in my dining room.  I used the same red garland that is above my fireplace to begin with.  This year I added in an adorable little bird, some pinecones and a little tree.  I bought an assortment of silver balls to add to one of my jars.  The shelf was a little dark, but once they were added, it instantly brightened up the space!

In my bedroom, I have the tree I grew up with having in my bedroom at home.  My mom bought both my brother and I small trees when we were younger.  For Christmas each year, one of our stocking stuffers would be a small ornament to add to the tree.  When we moved out, mom sent our little trees with us.  I love the idea of having a little tree, and hope to do something similar when I have kids.

I like to keep this tree simple and classic, with just red and silver ornaments.  

The view of my tree from the couch.  I love spending evenings with the Christmas tree lights on, watching a Christmas movie.  

I love taking a peak at other's Christmas decorations, so I hope you enjoyed seeing some of mine!

Linking up with Jenn, Jessi and Andrea.


20 comments:

  1. You have so many great touches throughout your place!! I love your tree and I agree sitting on the couch with it lit up and watching movies is my favorite thing!! xo, Biana-BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your decorations! I agree, cozying up with a blanket, mug of hot chocolate, and watching a Christmas movie with just the Christmas tree lights on is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many great decorations throughout to really add to the christmas cheer! Love them all--the wreath over the mirror is one of my favorite looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such sweet little touches!! You did a good job decorating! We had bells on our front door growing up too, that makes me want to get some for my door now for the nostalgia of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really love the sound of the bells - just a neat thing for the holidays!

      Delete
  5. I love your decorations! Your tree is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Christmas decorations are so beautiful.... I love the small tree your mother bought you. I have one similar that was my grandmothers...with the same type of ornaments. So special!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Those items passed down really make the holidays even more special!

      Delete
  7. I LOVE all of it! The stocking is beautiful, ours is a array of mismatched ha! I love a ton of ornaments too, it just makes me happy!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! I love the look of a whole bunch of different ornaments on the tree as well... Brian and I have all of our old ornaments on the tree from when we were kids, plus all of the ones we've been given over the years, and now we buy one for each of our kids every year. I love looking through them all and taking that walk down memory lane each year when we hang them all. So many sweet memories! Everything looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks beautiful! I love the idea of little trees.. I definitely want to do that for my daughter next year =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE all your decor! Your apartment looks so great :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your tree and decorations and your apartment is too cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE that mirror! All of the details are so fabulous! Thanks for joining in on the link up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice to have the tree from your childhood! Love all the little touches throughout!! It looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OK I LOVE your apartment! You have such cute taste! I agree with liking the look of the random ornaments all together, that's what we did growing up. Each ornament had a story or a special meaning that always brought back great memories while we were decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! It was so fun decorating my apartment, that is for sure!

      Delete
  15. Your apartment is SO lovely! Everything looks so cozy and festive.

    ReplyDelete
  16. We are the same with random ornaments! Themed trees are pretty, but I would keep them as a backup tree (like you did with the red and silver one) or those trees in city centers and malls and such. I like the personal touch of ornaments that have meaning to you, even if that meaning is just, "This is really cute!" Also this PNW superstore chain has super cute glass Christmas trees and I am definitely picking some up when they go on sale after Christmas. They're just too expensive to buy now!

    ReplyDelete