Monday, December 7, 2015

Holiday Questionnaire

Hey all!  I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Mine was nothing too exciting to write about...lots of cleaning, organizing and cooking.  One thing to note, though, is that I finished my Christmas shopping!  Now, I just need to wait for everything to be shipped here.  Since I don't have much to say about this weekend, I thought it would be the perfect time to fill out the Holiday Questionnaire I saw over on Jenn's blog.  



A holiday tradition:  Every Christmas morning, my mom makes us monkey bread.  The breakfast menu has expanded a bit since we have gotten older and have added another person to our family, but we always have monkey bread.  It is delicious!

What I would love to see Santa bring me the most?  That list is too long!  Just kidding!   

What's my go-to stocking stuffer idea?  Coal!  Again, kidding, although I have gotten it in my stocking before.  Normally there are a few staples in our stockings...chapstick, books and movies.  I share my mom's love of ornaments, so usually one is in there, too.

Who is the hardest to shop for during the holidays?  Definitely the guys.  I feel like they are a lot lower maintenance and want less.  Or when they do want things, they go get the item themselves.

Favorite winter accessory:  Scarves!  Although I just ordered new hat and gloves, so once those get in, they may be my favorite!

Christmas lights - colored or white?  Definitely white!  I love the classic look and the glow of white lights.  That being said, I can totally appreciate the colored lights when done well, but white lights will always be my preference.

Favorite holiday cocktail:  I don't have a favorite cocktail that is specific to the holidays.  I would probably just say wine, which is a favorite year-round.

Favorite holiday food:  Trader Joe's Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels.  I received this for Christmas one year and have been obsessed since.  They are delicious!

White elephant gift idea:  I haven't actually ever done a white elephant gift before...I think it would depend on the group, but I am really not sure!

Funny picture with Santa:  I will have to ask my mom about this one.  I don't really ever remember seeing one, but I am definitely going to check!

Do I like candy canes?  Yes!  I prefer the tiny ones, though.  Sometimes I can't eat the big ones in one sitting and they can get a little sticky and messy, too!

Hot chocolate - marshmallows or no marshmallows?  Give me all the marshmallows!  I love to fill the top of my cup with a layer of marshmallows...it just tastes so good when they melt a little into the hot chocolate.  Yum!

Favorite holiday song:  Tune in later this week for my list of favorite Christmas songs...I really am not sure which is my number one so I will have to think about it!  I love all different kinds of Christmas music.

Favorite holiday movie:  Miracle on 34th Street!  You can check out my post from Friday for my top 5!

Funny holiday story:  Hmmm, I can't think of one off the top of my head.

Have I ever been on a sleigh ride?  No, at least that I emember.  That would be such a fun thing to do, though!

Fun holiday memory:  Just being with my family.  

Thanks, Jenn, for putting this questionnaire together!  

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.


18 comments:

  1. I'm the same way - gimme all the marshmallows!!! This was such a fun Q&A and I'm sure you have a funny santa picture somewhere! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love Miracle on 34th street especially the version with Mara Wilson. Thanks for sharing such a fun post
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So excited to see someone else fill this out! It was fun to make and answer, and now more fun to read others' answers, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, marshmallows and cheers to family traditions!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun!! Agree on the candy canes. I think the big huge ones are so cute in the fun colors but I would never want to eat them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree guys are harder to shop for! There just isn't as many easy choices with them haha!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend just got the best White Elephant gift... it was a baggie with batteries in it, and a note that said "toy not included." So clever!! I love the idea of putting ornaments in as a stocking stuffer.. I would love to grow my ornament collection.. I might have to sneak hints that that would be a great stocking stuffer for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh - that is brilliant! Totally love the idea!

      Delete
  8. I love this! So fun! My favorite winter accessory is scarves as well. I cannot get enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! I wish I was done with Christmas shopping like you. Guys are SO hard.. particularly my brother-in-law and stepfather-in-law, and my husband isn't any help haha

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've heard sooooo many things about Miracle on 34th street and have yet to see it. Maybe this is the year! Also, it's funny that you say that about the guys because that's how I feel like my mom is. She's so difficult!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to watch that movie. It is just the best. While it isn't quite as "fun," my mom just tells me what she wants. :)

      Delete
  11. I love this Q&A! And I'm totally with you on the white lights... I'm a white light kinda girl all the way! I remember loving the colored lights when I was little, and I remember being CRUSHED when my mom switched to white lights when I was a teenager, but now I wouldn't have it any other way! White lights are so classy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Girl I am right there with you on the white lights and all the marshmallows!! I'm thinking a cup of hot chocolate and Miracle on 34th Street will be just the treat in our house one night soon!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I definitely need to do this questionnaire! I totally agree with you about the white lights, and I think that I'd have to go with wine too, even though it's year round.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love white lights too! So that's what goes on the tree and H's colored lights go outside and around the house. And YUM to monkey bread!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete