Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday Favorites - Christmas Movies

Happy Friday!  Today, I am changing a it up a bit and sharing my favorite Christmas movies.  If you have been reading here for awhile, you know I am pretty much movie obsessed.  If there is a good movie out, you can bet I am at the movie theater that weekend.  I just love watching movies!  This is especially true for Christmas movies.  I LOVE Christmas movies.  Here are my top five, starting with number five...


The Santa Clause (Full Screen Special Edition)

I will admit, I have the entire set of The Santa Clauses.  The first is my favorite, though.  I am obsessed with how they portrayed the North Pole in this movie.  Everything about it is perfect.  The story is sweet, too, with Tim Allen's character bonding with his son.


It's a Wonderful Life (60th Anniversary Edition)

I couldn't decide between these two, so I am listing them both.  Who doesn't love It's A Wonderful Life?  It is just such a classic!




I think one of the main reasons I love this movie is because of the song, "White Christmas."  I just love the scene where he is writing and singing this song.  It's perfect!  The whole story line appeals to me too - buy a farm, turn it into an inn?  Sign me up! 

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas (Widescreen Edition)

I love how this movie brings the original to life.  A town that celebrates Christmas like Whoville?  I'd move there in a heartbeat!  I feel like they took what I had imagined when reading this book and brought it to life.  Cindy Lou Who is just precious, too.  One of my favorite parts is when she sings, "Where are You Christmas?" 

The Muppet Christmas Carol

A Christmas Carol is one of my favorite Christmas stories, period.  My family owns many, many different versions of this movie, but this version is the best.  The songs are great, I probably know most of the movie by heart.  This movie was a very close second to my number one Christmas movie...
  







I love watching it right after Thanksgiving.  The Santa is perfect...in my mind when I think of "Santa Claus," the Santa in this movie is who comes to mind.  The time period is one of my favorites, too...life just seemed so much simpler back then.  This is by far my all-time favorite Christmas movie! 


Linking up with Andrea, April and Amanda.

*Please excuse any crazy formatting...Blogger is giving me fits this morning!

      

21 comments:

  1. Something so special about Christmas movies!! I have seen all but Holiday Inn but I add a new one I have not seen every year to the mix so may have to order this on Amazon!! Happy Weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never even heard of Holiday Inn...I'm bad because I like more contemporary holiday movies like The Holiday haha! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great movies, although I've never heard of Holiday Inn I don't think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all these movies, except for the muppets haha. I've also never seen Holiday Inn so I will have to add that to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Holiday Inn! I think I almost might even like that one more than White Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Santa Claus is one of my favorites, easy! I've actually never watched Holiday Inn and I just recently saw The Muppet's Christmas Carol which I now LOVE! Great pics, boo!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the picks you made especially the Muppet Christmas. I think I know almost all the songs in the movie since I wave been watching it since it first aired on T.V.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Santa Clause!! I haven't watched Miracle on 34th street in yeras. May need to fix that asap!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loove The Grinch, Miracle on 34th Street, and The Santa Clause! Watching Christmas movies makes me so happy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great choices! Holiday Inn is one of my favorites too. That whole decade of films has so many gems and this is one my whole family loves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I MUST watch Elf and my guy MUST watch A Christmas Story. It's a new tradition we're starting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving all of your picks! The original Santa Clause and Miracle on 34th Street are two of my all time favs <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. WAIT NO ELF!? giiiiirl we need to talk ;) haha jk. loving all your choices. I already have a bunch of movies recorded to watch :) so excited!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wait also..christmas vacation!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The santa clause is my favorite movie of all of them! I watched all of them.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great movies! I'm pretty sure I can recite The Santa Clause! haha I watch that one year-round. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Santa Clause is one of my favorites, too! And I have a confession to make... I've never seen It's a Wonderful Life. EEEEK. Me, the Christmas Queen, has NEVER seen it. I'm a little ashamed to admit it. Haha. But it's on my list of movies to watch!

    ReplyDelete