Wednesday, December 2, 2015

December 2015 Goals

THIS is the kind of winter I like...not the freezing cold, no snow, sleet, slushy crap:
via 

Time for goals!  Let's see how I did in November before setting some for December!

November Goals:

1. Finish Christmas shopping.  I am so close!  I have a few items that I still need to get, but I am almost completely done.  I should be able to knock everything out by the end of the week, so I am going to count this as a success!

2. Try 4 new recipes.  I ended up trying three new recipes.  They all were pretty tasty!  The first was Rainbow Turkey and Bean Chili from In the Kitchen with Kris.  It was so delicious and seemed very healthy!  This recipe made a ton, so I still have some in the freezer.  Next, I tried Ranch Pork Chops from my Better Homes & Gardens cookbook.  This one wasn't necessarily my favorite...with the cream of chicken soup and cream cheese sauce, it just seemed very heavy and processed.  That being said, it still tasted good, but I think because of how it looked, I was a little turned off.  For my third new recipe, I made Lentil Soup.  This soup is delicious.  I made it this past weekend at my parents and I am still eating on it.  SO GOOD! 

3. Create a new budget.  I haven't done this one yet.  However, I did pin some really good ideas to look at.  I just got my new car a little over a week ago, so now that I finally know what my car payment will be, I can go ahead on this.  Thanksgiving threw me off a bit...while I was at my parents, I just wanted to relax and enjoy the time, rather than work on not so fun things like a budget!

4. Clean out my jewelry box.  I didn't do this one.  It will be recycled for next month!

On to December!

1.  Check out Christmas lights.  I love looking at Christmas lights.  It is one of my favorite things about this time of year.  Last year I made it to quite a few St. Louis area spots, but this year I hope to check out some different ones.  

2.  Clean out my jewelry box.  As I mentioned above, I was going to recycle this one from last month.  It is definitely something that needs to be done!

3.  Keep exercising!  With the holidays, everything gets so busy.  Between Christmas parties and different events, it can be hard to stay on track with working out.  However, I want to make sure I keep this as a priority for myself.  

4.  Make Christmas cookies.  I love Christmas cookies.  My aunt is the best at making them...we literally have plates of them at Christmas.  She gave me the recipe for one of my favorites, snowballs, and I want to make them this season because they are so good!  I figure I can make them to fulfill my craving, then bring the rest to work to share.  

I hope everyone has a great Wednesday!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday.   

21 comments:

  1. You should be able to get your goals for december done no problem!! I like the tradition of going to see the lights! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list of goals - I think I need to do that! I may get a lot more accomplished if I do - I LOVE lists! HA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lists, too! I don't usually get all I want accomplished, but sometimes it does help!

      Delete
  3. Looking at Christmas lights is so fun--it was a tradition that my mom and I had on Christmas Eve to go around and look at the lights in our neighborhood and surrounding areas. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your December goals! Christmas lights are the best :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at Christmas lights is on my list too! We just moved into a neighborhood that goes all out for holidays (the Halloween decorations were insane) so I'm excited to just walk around my neighborhood this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome!!! I wish there was a neighborhood close to me that went all out...so far I haven't found one!

      Delete
  6. Great job on your November goals and I"m sure you'll hit yours this month. I love Christmas lights and cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your goals! Isn't Christmastime so fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds fabulous to me! Way to go - I'll come over and test the cookies if need be! Thanks for linking up! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. We always look at lights, too! My goal this month is to cook lots of the dessert recipes from the December Southern Living!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I was close to done Christmas shopping! Ha! I definitely want to figure out where the best lights are in Portland and go there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah, we LOVE looking at Christmas lights! It's one of my favorite things to do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have already found a few spots I want to check out that I didn't last year...I can't wait!

      Delete
  12. mmmm christmas lights. my favorite thing to do..ever! I love tos ee how people decorate their homes. I wish I could even go into peoples houses and see their decor inside!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your goals for this month- especially looking at lights! On my drive home I've been catching glimpses of lights here and there so I'm excited to go on an actual evening drive and check LOTS of them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. YUM to Christmas cookies and yes to going to see Christmas lights! I love driving around to look at all the different beautiful displays <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Almost done with your Christmas shopping already?! Nice work! I feel like I've barely started. haha :) Love baking Christmas cookies! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yeah girl!! All your December goals are perfect. Love that you're going to make exercise a priority. My mind has been more at ease lately with my constant exercising. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell such a difference in myself if I have worked out or if I haven't...definitely something that needs to be done and keep happening!

      Delete