Thursday, December 10, 2015

Christmas Bag

Happy Thursday!  I am excited that it is Thursday, not only because it is actually my Friday at work, but also, because I have another great Christmas DIY to share.  Last Thursday I posted about  homemade Christmas tags.  Today, I have Christmas bags!  



First, a list of what you need to create this festive bag!
Small bag (found in the Target Dollar Section)
Styrofoam ball
Faux greens/sticks
Thin twine
Jingle bell
Kraft paper tag
Small hole punch

Once you have all your supplies, begin by adding the styrofoam ball to your bag.  





Grab your faux greens and sticks, insert into the stryofoam ball.  These faux greens were found at a local grocery store, and the sticks were from a bush in my parents' yard.  I also think that Michael's or Hobby Lobby would have a great selection of items to use, as well.  When you have your greens/stick arranged how you like, pull the bag closed tight.  Create a festive tag, using whatever phrase you like.  I went with 'Merry Christmas' on kraft paper card stock but you can switch it up however you like.  The tag was made using a tag hole punch that my mom already had.  



However, if you don't want to go out and purchase a tag punch, cutting one would work just as well!  Add a small hole at the top of your tag, this will be how you attached the tag to the bag.  Thread the twine through a jingle bell, then through the tag hole.  Tie the twine to the string around the top of the bag in a knot.  Cut bakers twine to the desired length.  Hang and enjoy!  



These bags can be hung on a door knob (pictured above), dresser knob (where mine is now!), peg board or can even just be set on a shelf.

Check back next Thursday for an ornament DIY!  

13 comments:

  1. Super cute!! Love how simple this is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought they turned out really well! And they can be easily customizable depending on your tastes, too! I was just thinking some cinnamon sticks would be super cute.

      Delete
  3. I need to get my hands on a tag puncher!! Such a great DIY! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! Such a nice addition to any door knob :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute idea! I'm obsessed with anything tartan right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are adorable, Emily! And very original! And I loooove those bags... I was just at Target yesterday and sadly, I don't remember seeing those in our Dollar Spot. :o( I'm sure I could find something comparable at Hobby Lobby, though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so creative! I've never seen anything like it before! it looks so cute on the door knob!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this idea
    http://makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete