Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Chocolate Coated Buttercreams

Happy Tuesday!  Today, I have a super delicious recipe to share with you, chocolate covered buttercreams.  Now, I think I come from a family of great cooks - both sides!  While I may be a little biased with that statement, I know for a fact that my aunt's Christmas cookies and candies are second to none.  She makes a ton around the holidays for gifts and everyone just loves them!  I can't wait until Christmas Day - we will have an assortment of all different cookies and candies - I will be sure to get a picture of everything so that you can see what I am talking about!

I am getting ahead of things, though.  Let's talk about Thanksgiving.  My aunt made these chocolate covered buttercreams for Thanksgiving.  Like all the other desserts she makes, these did not disappoint!  I knew I had to add these to the blog once I had them.  



Chocolate Coated Buttercreams

Filling:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
4 cups powdered sugar

Chocolate Coating:
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tablespoons shortening

Combine butter and cream cheese in a bowl, beating at medium speed.  Mix in vanilla.  Add the powdered sugar gradually, beating at a low speed.  Cover and refrigerate the mixture for 1 hour, or until it is easy to form into balls.  On wax paper-lined baking sheets, form mixture into 1 inch balls.  Cover and refrigerate for minimum of 2 hours or overnight.  

Stirring continuously, melt chocolate and shortening together in a pan over low heat for about 3 minutes.  Dip the balls into the chocolate, letting the excess drip off before placing on a wax paper-lined baking sheet.  Once all buttercreams are done, refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the coating harden.  Enjoy!

Make sure to check back tomorrow - I will be sharing some of my holiday decorations!

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones and Full Time Mama.  


13 comments:

  1. They sound delicious and look so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm, I always try to make a few "festive" desserts this time of year and this would be a great one to try!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound really yummy!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily, this has to be my most favorite recipe ever! I know it's simple but I always get my mom the Fannie Mae milk chocolate buttercreams every year for Christmas so the fact that I could make these homemade with your great recipe would be so fun and such a wonderful gift. Thank you so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they turn out well! Fannie Mae is just SO good, I am not quite sure how these will compare, but it would be such a meaningful, sweet gift!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. They are so decadent...I could only eat one or two! But they are delicious!

      Delete
  6. Oh my, these sound divine. And like I could eat twenty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG I LOVE BUTTERCREAM! I have never heard of these before. Definitely trying these out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a feeling my husband would LOVE these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, these sound absolutely amazing - chocolate buttercreams are my favorite! Pinning now!

    ReplyDelete