Wednesday, November 25, 2015

What's Up Wednesdays 11.25.15

I am linking up for What's Up Wednesday with Mix and Match Family, Pinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo. And with my usual Wednesday favorites, Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday!


What I'm eating this week...stuffed shells and soup.  Not to mention all the yummy Thanksgiving day food I will be devouring tomorrow.

What I'm reminiscing about...last Thanksgiving and Christmas.  It is amazing what has changed since last year...mainly the arrival of my baby nephew.  It was Christmas last year that my brother and his wife told us they were having a baby.  Now he is here and we get to experience his first Thanksgiving and Christmas all together.  I can't wait!

What I'm loving...all the decorations!  My mom and I decorated my apartment for Christmas this past Sunday.  All the fun décor makes my apartment feel so cozy and festive.  I just love this time of year.

What I've been up to...some serious movie watching.  With all the great movies that have been coming out in the theaters, as well as all the Christmas movies on Hallmark and Lifetime, I have seen sooo many lately.  That isn't a complaint either - movies are my favorite!

What I'm dreading...all the Christmas goodies I am sure will appear at work. While I normally have decent willpower, it is so much harder around the holidays with all the different baked goods and candies!

What I'm working on...my November goals.  Only a little bit of time left in the month to get everything I want done!

What I'm excited about...my new car!  I am so obsessed.  I am actually looking forward to driving these days, which says a lot because I would much rather be a passenger most times.

What I'm watching...see above...lots of movies, movies, movies!   

What I'm listening to...while I am not listening to it right now, Christmas music will be on repeat soon!  My mom waits until after Thanksgiving dinner to listen to Christmas music, so it's always exciting to turn it on for the drive home from my grandma's.  

What I'm wearing...plaid.  I have been loving plaid so much lately.  My mom gave me this shirt when she came to visit.  I love the colors and it is so, so soft!  The buttons in the back are a super fun detail that make it just a little bit different from your normal plaid top.


What I'm doing this weekend...shopping!  I love Black Friday shopping with my mom.  It is tradition.  We are usually able to knock out a large portion of her shopping list, as well as fully complete mine.  It is the one day I love the crowds in the stores.  And who doesn't love a good deal?!

What I'm looking forward to next month...Christmas!  I am not just talking about the day, but everything that comes with it.  The weeks leading up to Christmas are so much fun, with all the different festivities going on.   

What else is new...the biggest thing by far this month was getting my new car.  It still feels so new (because it is), and I just can't believe I am finally driving it!    

What's up with you this Wednesday?!

11 comments:

  1. How exciting to experience your nephew's first holidays! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Black Friday! I am not a fan of crowds, although I wish I could handle it on this one day just to score the awesome deals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always fun to get a new car! I bought my first car 4 years ago and now it's time to get another!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still hungry for those stuffed shells! Loving that plaid shirt, wish I had it to wear tomorrow! happy day before thanksgiving!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fu nto have a baby around for the holidays! This will be our last without kiddos as by spring time I will be an aunt!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I Love plaid, I love shopping, and I love Christmas! I hope your Thanksgiving is as grand and beautiful as you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh girl, all of the Christmas goodies showing up at work is always one of the worst things!! I also have pretty good willpower when it comes to avoiding them, but when you're seeing cookies, cakes, and donuts every single day it gets harder to resist them.

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! I have been loving plaid lately too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Baby's first holiday season is so exciting! Ahh I'm excited for that with my own little one some day! I think getting a new car is probably one of the only things that could ever make me particularly want to drive. That shirt is so cute! Love the buttons on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it! I bet the décor is fabulous and I love that plaid!

    Hope ya'll have a fabulous Thanksgiving! Thanks for linking up today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am alllll about plaid. I hope you and your mom had a great time shopping and making memories. You'll have to show us pics of your decorated apartment and new car! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete