Thursday, November 12, 2015

What's In My Bag?

I have seen these "in my bag" posts on a few different blogs now and decided I needed to do one myself.

I love purses.  They are a definite weakness of mine.  My first love was Dooney and Burke, then I moved to Coach, and most recently have been obsessing over Kate Spade.  Big bags are my favorite, too.  I love having enough room to throw almost anything in there - papers, sweaters, water bottles, you name it!  Today, however, I am showing you what's always in there, minus those extra toss ins.


I received this bag as a birthday present a few years ago.  I just love it.  It has a middle part that zips, and then is open on either side.  The inside is a super fun pink and gold dot pattern.  Unfortunately, this purse is starting to show wear - the lining is getting dirty, the stitching is getting dirty and fraying a bit.  I am thinking it might be time for me to get a new purse, but I just haven't been able to pull the trigger yet.


This is my Gigi New York All-In-One Bag that I just love.  It corrals all my random things - medicine, glasses cleaner, nail polish removers, and Kleenex.  Before, everything was just loose in my purse, but this helps me stay more organized and allows me to find things much faster than before.


I always carry my glasses with me in my purse.  My eye sight is pretty terrible, so I always like to keep my glasses close.  Not only is this super helpful when my contacts really start irritating my eyes, but I have a huge fear of a contact falling out when I am out somewhere and not being able to see to drive.  This gives me some reassurance.  Also, I always have multiple pairs of sunglasses with me.  My eyes are super sensitive to the sun, so these are a must have.  I keep multiples in case a pair breaks.  


I use this to keep all my coupons together.  It probably isn't the most efficient, because I still have to go through them to find what I want, but it keeps them from just being loose in my purse.


Next we have my checkbook, wallet, small wallet and iTap passport.  Even though I rarely use it, I like to keep my checkbook with me.  My pink wallet has everything I use on a regular basis.  The small one contains business cards and other rewards cards from different places, that I don't use on a regular basis.  My iTap passport is for one of the bars nearby that I frequent with my co-workers.  They have a program where you sign up for a passport, which includes a list of different beers, and as you drink X amount of beers, you get different prizes.  The prizes vary between t-shirts to a plaque on the wall and free happy hour.  


My pen collection might be a bit much to all have in my purse, but this is definitely helpful when you are at a restaurant and there aren't enough pens to go around.  I keep a small planner in my purse to write important dates in.  I can't wait to start using my Emily Ley planner in 2016!


I keep some Chapstick, lip gloss, and a travel mascara in my purse.  I am a huge Chapstick fan, so that is a must and you never know when you might need some lip gloss or mascara.  Same with nail files, hair ties and bobby pins.  

What you don't see pictured are lots of receipts and random papers that I cleaned out when working on this post.  My purse tends to fill up, so I have to clean it out every few weeks.  

Now I ask you...what is in your bag?!  And if you have any purse recommendations, please send them my way!

Linking up with Amanda and Annie today.   

18 comments:

  1. Your bag is so pretty and I love your wallet, it's similar to mine :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that color of your bag! Looks like you're all kinds of prepared...especially for sun haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. We used to be part of a beer program like that at Taco Mac in Atlanta. Once we met a guy at the bar who had over 1000 of their beers and was like the record breaker. He had a jacket and everything. We were thinking wow, over 1000 beers at like $8 + tip and food every time he's there.. well you do the math haha!

    You're super organized. Maybe I'll do this post too, if you want to see the most unorganized giant diaper bag purse EVER haha =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purses are my weakness as well, and I probably have way more than I actually need :P A few things that are always in my purse? Chapstick, lipstick, hair ties, nail file, planner, snack bars, and pens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are my favorite post! Dying over your bag, I got a D&B as a gift from a college boyfriend and it was my first really nice purse and there is just something about spending a little more on a bag that is TOTALLY worth it! You're way more organized than me, I need it to rub off on me a bit! ha
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am equally obsessed with bags. Every time I say I'm set, I find a new favorite. Haha and I also worry about my lenses falling out and like to keep my glasses nearby. So glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one, too. As I was writing it, I thought it sounded a little crazy, but it's true!

      Delete
  7. Love, love that bag! I just love "What's In My Bag" blog/vlog posts! I should probably do one soon :)

    -Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is definitely one of my favorites...which would explain why I have been carrying it for almost 2 years!

      Delete
  8. i am in love with this bag!!! Do you know KS bag it is? I always carry a pair of contacts with me in case my glasses break, but never carry my sunglasses, I will for sure break those they stay in their compartment in my car.

    I love how you carry nail polish remover wipes. I thought I had some random items in my purse (talked about it here, but so glad I'm not the only one :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these kinds of posts. That bag is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These posts are always so fun! Your purse is so cute (and so are all the mini ones!). I have to keep my glasses with me at all times too. I don't wear contacts but my eye sight is slowly going to crap, especially when it gets dark. And yes to the chapstick, hair ties & a nail file! Those are necessities in my purse too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I did one of these last fall too! I'm still debating whether I want an Emily Ley, Day Designer, or Erin Condren!!! I need to order whichever one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was looking at the iHeart organizing one, too. I already have Emily Ley's for this coming year, but something to keep in mind next year. I just love her blog, so I might have to check that one out a little closer!

      Delete
  12. Love this post! Need to do this with my bag-maybe it will be a good excuse to clean it out!
    Also, definitely another Kate Spade fan over here! She speaks my love language!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am so obsessed with Kate Spade lately too! Love your purse and all your wallets and pouches--so cute! And these posts always fascinate me!

    ReplyDelete