Wednesday, November 18, 2015

What's Hap-pinning 11.18.15

Happy Wednesday!  I am linking up with Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday.


As one of my November goals, I wanted to create a new budget for myself.  I have a rough idea of what my budget should be, but I wanted to create a new one and challenge myself to actually stick to it a little more closely.

I have a love/hate relationship with budgets.  I love the idea of seeing where my money goes and how much I can and cannot spend and...I also hate it.  Sometimes ignorance is bliss!  In order to get a variety of budget ideas, I turned to Pinterest.  I have started pinning with abandon, so when I am ready to create my new budget, I can sit down and check out all these different pins.  So far, these are a few that have caught my eye.

Grab this free family budget worksheet printable and get your finances in order for the New Year.:

The concept of budgeting is simple: Make a plan for your money and stick to it. But there's one BIG mistake a lot of people make that can cost you money. #frugal #budgeting #debt:

Ever wonder how those budget categories and percentages are supposed to work? The 50/20/30 budget formula is the simple simple approach to categories.:

41 small changes you can make that will save you over $1000 a month on your budget -- from ThePeacefulMom.com.:

What tips and tricks do you use when setting up a budget?  Is there a format that works better for you?  If so, let me know!  It is always super beneficial to hear how others handle things - you can get so many great ideas that way!  


11 comments:

  1. I really like the worksheet from your first pin--it makes it look so easy!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a bad thing to do at all. Budgets are great! It's hard to stick to them around the holidays (for me) tho!
    Thanks for linking up with us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love hate relationship with budgeting too, although lately I've been really on top of it and it feels good to be in control! What worked for me is making a list of all my fixed monthly expenses - rent, cable, etc. and subtracting it all from my total income. Then I took the remaining amount and divided it by 4 so I know I have X amount to spend per week. So far it's been working, and I found that breaking it into week increments was more helpful than having a larger amount for the whole month. I'm always looking for new ideas though so I'll have to check out these pins! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bah on budgets. I wish everyone had all the money they needed, haha. I like being smart about my money, but I also like using it to splurge sometimes on myself or my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this. I'm not great at budgets ... eek. I WILL say my two tips for this time of year are ... One, that I've been slowing buying little Xmas presents here and there since July so my December budget won't be completely blown between Thanksgiving and the end of the year when we do a lot of hosting, gift buying, etc. And two, we set our 401ks so we hit the contribution for the year before December, so we have a "little extra" money on our paychecks in December for the additional holiday expenses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE that first idea. When I was single and living on my own I used a similar method and it worked great! Just keep looking and find what's right for you! You'll be amazed at how much more you will save after you start micromanaging your finances.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with you, ignorance is bliss when it comes to budgeting! But I really need to get on top of it too, these pins look like some great starting points!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping I can combine a little bit of everything to create my own!

      Delete
  8. I have an elaborate spreadsheet for our bills and budgeting, and for some reason we always seem to spend more than I'd like each month. I really need to crack down on it more :-P

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha I've been trying for years to stick to a budget but I fail miserably.. mostly I think because my budget is just super strict. We still save a ton every month so it doesn't really matter that I spend what I do, but still. I'll check some of these pins out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I suck at budgeting. I really wish it was one of those skills I could master, but I just can't! let me know if you find one that works for you!

    ReplyDelete