Wednesday, November 11, 2015

What's Hap-pinning 11.11.15

Today I am linking up with Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday!



As I mentioned in my November goals, I want to make four new recipes.  I have been looking at Pinterest, and honestly, nothing was jumping out at me.  I decided that I would check out my cookbooks, instead.  

I love cookbooks.  I am not sure why, because I rarely use them, but I love reading them.  The plan is to make a new recipe out of each of the four cookbooks below.  This way I dust off my cookbooks, as well as complete one of my goals.  Win, win! 



In the Kitchen with Kris.  I am a big fan of the Kardashians, so when I heard Kris was putting out a cookbook, I knew I had to have it.  I have made a recipe out of this previously and it turned out great!  I can't wait to try another one!  



Better Homes & Gardens Cookbook.  I feel like this is a must-have for all kitchens.  I received this as a gift, years ago!  It is just huge!  I can't wait to start looking through it.



Fabulicious!: Fast and Fit.  Italian food is one of my favorites, as is the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Add in low-fat and easy recipes, it's a definite must have for me!  



The Chopped Cookbook.  I went through a phase where I was obsessed with watching Chopped.  I just find that show so interesting!  For those of you that haven't seen it, you get a basket of ingredients and then have to make a dish...in 20-30 minutes.  There are different rounds and after each one, someone is eliminated.  When I found out they had a Chopped cookbook, I knew I had to have it!  

I am excited to look through my cookbooks and make some new recipes!  What are your favorite cookbooks?    

20 comments:

  1. Ooh, make sure you share any good ones that you make! I'm curious how Teresa's cook book actually is!
    Thanks for linking up with us today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great goal because of how many great recipes there are!! I try to use my cookbook once a month - sometimes it's a total fail lol! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never use cookbooks more, but it makes me kind of sad. Good luck with your cooking, Teresa's book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove cookbooks!!! The junior league in my county put together a cookbook in the 60s and it's still a big seller today.....it's something that every girl here registers for when she gets engaged.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize Kris Jenner had a cookbook out! I love my Better Homes & Garden cookbook!! We use it weekly! How do you like the Fast & Fit one?! I should look into that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Fast & Fit one is good...she has a few, so I am not really sure which one is actually the best.

      Delete
  6. I LOVE Chopped cookbooks, they have incredible recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Teresa's cookbooks, and I love the stories behind the recipes and her real-world tips and tricks. She truly is fabulicious!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Charleston Receipts cookbook I have, because it's cool looking at all these really old recipes from the mid-20th century and before that. I honestly always forget about cookbooks when I need new recipes and I have so many!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have SO many cookbooks that I have never opened! Ah I need to dust them off too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Chopped! I bet there are some really interesting recipes in there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I can't wait to see what you pull out of those! I also have a ton of cookbooks that I rarely use, but this makes me want to dust them off and find something good!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite cookbook is Giada's Feel Good Food. She's my favorite chef and her cookbook is the perfect mix of tasty and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have one of Giada's...I just love her show. I need to take a look at that one! Thanks!

      Delete
  13. Ah I was obsessed with Chopped too for a while! I don't have a favorite cookbook yet, but I love reading them..#colormenerdy I think I may have to try the Kris Jenner though!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a cookbook hoarder! I need to use them more instead of just using my iPad! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that! I am hoping this will get me started on using them a bit more!

      Delete
  15. I have been wanting to break out my cookbooks! I always get so lost on pinterest and there's like a billion things to pick from!! When you find your favorite ones to make you should blog about them so I can copy you haha
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  16. So smart to look to a cookbook instead of Pinterest -I feel Pinterest can really be hit or miss. The Our Best Bites cookbook is awesome! And I love that Kris Jenner has a cookbook. I seriously love that.

    xo, Andrea // PICSOANDREA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I will have to check out that cookbook. If I had the space, I think I would collect them! And yes, her cookbook is really awesome. It's just super interesting to read, too!

      Delete