Monday, November 23, 2015

Weekend Recap

How is it the Monday before Thanksgiving?  I know I keep commenting on how fast the year is going, but really it just has flown by!

This weekend started off kind of crappy.  Friday morning I decided to use different eye make up than normal because I had ran out of what I usually use.  That did not work out...at all.  I tried to use make up wipes to get it off without having to wash my face, but I think it would have been better to just start all over.  However, I went with using the wipes instead, and just tried something else.  I felt like I looked like a zombie all day with dark circles under my eyes from using the make up wipes that didn't quite get all of the make up off.  It just threw me off and the day went downward.  The low tire pressure light came on in my car, when I was already running late.  As I was driving to work, the sun was blinding and I almost rear-ended someone.  Thankfully I didn't, but my heart was pounding after slamming on my brakes.  All together, it just wasn't my favorite morning.  I had an appointment over lunch, which had already been rescheduled once before.  I headed to my appointment, which was about 20 minutes away, only to have it be cancelled...again.  Not a happy camper.  The day just continued to not go very well and I had plans to pick up my new car that evening, so I was so worried something with that would go wrong.  Fortunately, nothing bad happened on that front and I finally got my new car!!!  Definitely a way to turn around a pretty crappy day.  I am pretty much obsessed with my car and while I normally hate to drive, I currently am loving it!  

Saturday was dreary and cold...both rain and snow.  The perfect day to go to the movies!  We saw The Night Before Christmas.  This movie was hilarious.  It definitely was vulgar...there are a million reasons why this movie is rate R.  But my goodness, it was funny.  And really sweet to see the friendship between the three guys in the movie.  The rest of the day was pretty low-key which was perfect.

Sunday my mom came to visit.  I don't think we sat down to relax until 8:00PM.  She helped me put away my fall decorations and get ready for Christmas!  Everything looks so great - I cannot wait to share pictures!  We also did some Christmas crafting, which you can look for in upcoming posts.  Below is a little sneak peek!


It was a super busy visit and I am definitely worn out from it!  I really appreciate my mom coming down to help me.  We both love decorating, so it was super fun to work together on this.  If it were just up to me, I think it would have been a few days of decorating, rather than getting it done in one full swoop.  Now I can just sit back and enjoy!!

 I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Yay for a short week!  

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.  

23 comments:

  1. Happy to hear that your weekend turned out better than Friday!! Can't wait to see how you decorated your place girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you managed to have a good weekend, despite the weather! I was shocked at how much snow the midwest got (I saw the numbers for Chicago and was like "whaaaaaaaaat?") Mom visits are always the best! :)
    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new car! I did a little Christmas crafting myself this weekend, looking forward to seeing how your projects turned out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute gift tags!! Stinks you had such a bad Friday, but the new car would have turned my day around, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, the "zombie" make up has happened to me too. I can never seem to get eyeliner right. One is always too thick, ha! Ugh. Glad your weekend turned around around though. Traffic and driving all over can be so stressful!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant wait to see more Christmas photos! Glad that you got a head start on the season :0

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just had one of those mornings where nothing seems to be going according to plan! At least everything ended on a high note with your new car!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about your yucky Friday!! =\ SO GLAD it could end with getting your new shiny car though!!! You are making me excited about a new car haha- it's on my radar to get one within the next 6 months! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry you had such a crappy start to your weekend. Yay for decorating though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry your weekend was off to a bad start, but I'm glad that it turned around! I can't wait to see what you and your momma came up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just excited to go home and turn on the lights...just makes it so much cozier!

      Delete
  11. Glad your day turned around on Friday! So exciting that you have your new car! Can't wait to see your Christmas decor!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry about the bad start to the weekend! I feel like I get those days on Mondays, where were you sunglasses? Or was the sun so bright the sunglasses weren't helping, sometimes I get that.

    So great that your mom was able to come over and spend time with you! Especially with the nasty weather, I love spending time with my mom. It's so nice especially now that I'm older and I have a daughter of my own.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet of your mom to help!! Bet those halls are decked beautifully!! ;-)So sorry bout your eye! I hope your week is off to a super start!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very sweet! I love that she has time to do these things with me!

      Delete
  14. Yay for time spent with your mom, and glad to hear things got better after Friday. Cheers to a fabulous short week <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about your Friday, but glad the rest of the weekend turned around! I want to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh gosh bless your heart! Friday morning seemed awful, but do tell about your new big purchase! Would love to hear more about what you got & how you like her!
    Thank goodness your week turned around, and hopefully this short work week will also help make up for your crappy start to last weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That stinks that the weekend was off to a rough start but sounds like a blast with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love holiday crafts. Can't wait to see everything you share

    ReplyDelete
  19. So lucky your mom came to help out with decorating! Sounds like a busy busy day into the night. I'm sure it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm totally with you...time flies and I can't believe Thanksgiving is this week! But, definitely excited for a short week, yummy food and seeing family/friends!
    xo,
    nancy

    http://www.adoretoadorn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, today (Tuesday) is my Friday and I am SO ready for it to be over!

      Delete