Monday, November 16, 2015

Weekend Recap

How did it get to be Monday already?  I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Friday at work was a slowwwww day for some reason.  I think just because the week as a whole was slow, so by Friday I was ready for the weekend!  We went to see Love From The Coopers on Friday.  That movie was not what I was expecting.  It was sad!  I was going in expecting it to be more a comedy, with a few "hardships" thrown in there, but there was a lot of just tough things throughout the whole movie.  The ending was nice, but to me, even the good ending wasn't enough to make up for everything else!

Saturday I spent a little time getting organized in my closet.  Although it was a goal for last month, I am still trying to finish the shelves in my closet and I am happy to say I am almost done!  Then it was time to watch Rocky.  The first movie, I wasn't sure about.  But as we watched a few more, I definitely got more into it and really enjoyed the movies thus far.  I think my favorite has been the second one.  For lunch, we tried out a new BBQ place, Dalie's Smokehouse.  The food had a little kick to it, but overall it was pretty good.  They have a smoke chicken salad that I really want to try next time.  It sounds delicious!

Sunday was a mix of getting things done, while being lazy.  I worked on laundry, cleaning and grocery shopping, and did some reading and RHOC watching.  I still haven't watched Brooks Tells All yet...I feel I have to build up the patience to watch all his lies.  I made the first of the four new recipes I want to try this month - Rainbow Turkey and Bean Chili from In the Kitchen with Kris.  As you can see pictured below, it really is like a rainbow with all the colors!  I didn't actually try it last night, but plan on eating it for dinner tonight.  Fingers crossed it is good!


Hopefully this week goes a little faster than last...have a great Monday!

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.

21 comments:

  1. They always say the more colors you eat the better- so that dish is perfect! Sorry to hear the movie was a let down...I hate when that happens! Hope you have a great Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good weekend! That's too bad that movie was sad when you were expecting a comedy! I will probably still see it at somepoint but glad I know what to expect now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Youre the second person who has said the Coopers movie wasn't what you'd expected. It still sounds alright, but not quite the fun-filled comedy that youre kind of lead to believe it'll be.
    The chili really IS colorful! I hope it's tasty for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK I'm glad that you said the movie is sad because I try to avoid sad movies these days (with my little free time I need something funny or uplifting!) Also that dinner looks so good!! Nice job getting all those colors in there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to clean out my closet!! Ugh I've been meaning to do that forever. Your weekend sounds similar to mine, a mix of being lazy and productive at home haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lazy/Productive Sundays are my favorite - we had that same kind of Sunday and it's the best to have time to relax but also get things done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe you didn't try your recipe at all. That's the first thing I have to do! Hope today isn't as slow at work. That makes it so boring!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I would...trust me! Unfortunately, I wasn't feeling great, so I didn't not to tempt things and saved it for the next night!

      Delete
  8. Loving all the beautiful bright colors in that dish, good for the eyes and your body! Cheers to a fabulous week that goes by quicker for you <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, I hate to hear that Love From the Coopers was sad. That is definitely not what I want to see this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a chili that includes lots of veggies- I'm going to save that one, hope it turned out tasty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That rainbow chilli looks amazing! Let us know how it is!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the previews from that movie and it reminded me of Family Stone!! I loved that movie but it was really sad. I will be watching the Coopers soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like colorful foods are a sure sign of healthy food (fruity pebbles excluded) haha! That looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I keep hearing! Sounds like I need to add some more color to my meals!

      Delete
  14. That chili looks great! Lots of variety is so good for a person. Can't wait to see the finished product of your closet!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Having more color is good! I struggle with that, I usually just eat spinach and broccoli (green). I am trying to eat more colors vegetables.

    Bummer on the movie though, I hate spending money on bad movies
    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  16. yes to being lazy, that's about how my weekend was! Oh my goodness, I can't believe that movie was sad! So glad you told me because I was thinking of going to see it but I don't wanna do sad! Sorry for the late comment, I am trying to catch up ha!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was thinking that I want to go see a Christmas movie, but thanks for the heads up on that one. Hopefully a happier holiday movie will come out soon. Do you like any of the other Real Housewives shows?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Orange County and New Jersey are my favorites...those are the ones I actually keep up with!

      Delete