Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving Recap

Hey all!  I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and long weekend!  I took a little break from the blog the last few days, but I will be catching up hopefully today and tomorrow!

I have a lot to recap...I have been off work since Wednesday, so I will start there!  I will try to keep it short and sweet, otherwise this post would be crazy long.

Wednesday was a movie day.  We went to see Creed.  It was REALLY good.  My hope is that they turn this movie into its own series.  Afterwards, we decided to try out a new place for lunch.  However, we definitely didn't anticipate how busy places would be that day.  We went to two places with super long waits, before stopping at the restaurant we actually ate at, The Fountain on Locust.  I had heard about this place before, but never been.  It was awesome!  The atmosphere was super neat and the food was delicious.  They are known for their ice cream martinis...we didn't try one, but we did end the lunch with two different desserts to try out the ice cream.  We only had a few bites each, but now we know which one to get again when we go back!  Definitely a hidden gem in St. Louis.




Thursday was Thanksgiving, of course!  I headed to my parents early in the morning, then went with them to my grandma's.  It was so nice to see the family and super fun since it was my nephew, Jack's first Thanksgiving.  He was such a good boy the whole day!  I enjoyed a full plate...some of which I will be sharing recipes for in December, so make sure to check back!


Three generations


My mom and I stayed at my grandma's to cut down on our drive for Black Friday.  We were up and at them early in the morning and did really well with our shopping!  We were done a lot earlier than normal, which was so nice.  We always have Portillo's for lunch when we shop and since we were there early it wasn't near as crowded as normal, which was definitely nice.  We were both worn out and lunch definitely helped add a little pep back to our step.  Once we got back to my parents, we showed my dad the purchases and watched Miracle on 34th Street, one of my favorites!

 Pretty lights at the mall


Saturday I did a little small business shopping at one of my favorite stores, Charmed.  I picked up a super cute white and black checked dress.  The rest of the day was spend relaxing and cooking.  I tried out a new recipe for lentil soup...it turned out SO good.  It made a ton, too.  I left some with my parents and took a big container back to St. Louis with me.



Sunday was my drive back.  Having my new car definitely made it better, as well as a lot of Christmas CDs.  Although, sad news, I think my N'Sync Christmas is on it's last leg...it kept skipping!  Thankfully the weather was nice for my drive.  I think I had timed it well - I got home and unloaded just before the rain came!

Now it is back to the grind...happy Monday!

Linking up with Biana for Weekending.  

24 comments:

  1. Yes! The Fountain on Locust is totally a hidden gem--the food there is SO good!
    So glad that you had a great weekend! Looks like it was delicious, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like the perfect long weekend! Thank goodness for your new wheels getting you where you need to go safely but darn on the NSync skipping! Just love that holiday CD! I hope your cyber Monday and this whole week gets off to a great start lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need to upgrade and just get the music on my phone! Such a classic. :) I have already done a little shopping this morning, so definitely off to a good start!

      Delete
  3. I've heard GREAT things about Creed, glad you liked it. Your food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard so many great things about Creed! I may need to go see it myself.
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad to hear you liked Creed too - I'm thinking I could do with one more in the series!! Love that you participating in Shop Small Saturday - we did a lot of local shopping for gifts this year too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see Creed so I'm glad to hear that you liked it!

    Sounds like you had a perfect weekend! I didn't want ours to be over! It was rough getting up and go back to work this morning.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't either! I could have been off another day...or two...or a week. :)

      Delete
  7. GIVE ME ALL THE FOOD! Hope you loved your Thanksgiving. ALso, Creed is my jam and I grew up listening to them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it was a glutinous weekend, for sure! But SO good.

      Delete
  8. Oh my gosh... the NSYNC Christmas CD is the BEST!!!! I hope it survives at least a few more Christmases... it just wouldn't be the same without it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I think I am going to try some old tricks to see if that will bring it back to life!

      Delete
  9. I took part in small business Saturday too! Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving weekend! I can't wait to see Creed! So glad to hear you loved it!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those dessert drinks look delicious! Looks like you had an amazing long weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So lucky you got Wednesday off! Both Kyle and I worked :( so we had little time to prep for dinner.

    I really shouldn't be looking at your post when Im so hungry! What are the drinks? Is one of them the ice cream martini? If they make them strong i could see myself getting drunk very quickly, especially if it tastes like ice cream.

    I always do Black Friday shopping but never in the stores, you are a trooper girl! I do the online shopping, I'm glad you were safe, I heard a lot of people all over the states being attacked and mugged during their shopping. What did you get, Christmas gifts? Gifts for family, stuff for you?

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Look at all that amazing food! I keep hearing amazing things about Creed, and will definitely have to see it soon!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like such a fabulous weekend with such good eats! Having off Wednesday too was the icing on the cake, wasn't it?! So nice to have some extra time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore three generation pictures! So sweet :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was super cute...and might make a good present for my dad and brother!

      Delete
  16. Your nephew is adorable!!! I'm so jealous...I'm ready to be an aunt! haha!! Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is definitely precious. I know I may be biased, but he is just the sweetest thing!

      Delete
  17. Sounds like a great holiday weekend! Those desserts look so yummy! :) Looking forward to your recipe posts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a fun-filled weekend. It's always great to reconnect with family and spend some quality time.

    I haven't had lentil soup in years...yours looks really good.

    ReplyDelete