Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Super Easy Shredded Crockpot Buffalo Chicken

This is one of the easiest recipes I have EVER made.  And it is so delicious.  

I came across this recipe on Pinterest a few years ago.  It sounded perfect and super easy, which I was all about.  Plus, any reason to use my crockpot!  I have made a few small changes to make it work for me, which I will be sharing with you below.

This meal is perfect for a busy evening, a relaxing weekend or a party.  The prep is so minimal, you barely have to do anything.  All you need are three ingredients...THREE.  So simple and as the title says, super easy.  



Crockpot Buffalo Chicken
frozen chicken breasts
Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce
1 ranch dressing dry mix packet

Place chicken in crockpot.  I use either 3 smaller pieces or 2 large ones for 4 servings.  Empty ranch packet over chicken.  Pour in Frank's Original Red Hot Sauce.  I usually use about 1/2 cup or so.  You can add as much or as little as you want, depending on how spicy you want your chicken.  Cook on low for 8 hours.  30 minutes before you plan to eat, shred the chicken in the crockpot with two forks, then let cook for 30 minutes before eating.

This chicken is full of flavor and can be served in so many ways!  This night I served it over rice and topped with shredded sharp cheddar and avocado.  



The chicken is also just as delicious on a toasted bun or bread or in a wrap.  If serving one of these ways, I like to top with lettuce, cheese, ranch and tomatoes.  I think the chicken would even be great by itself, too!

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk and Full Time Mama for Delicious Dish.

11 comments:

  1. YUM! I bet the avocado adds a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks easy, and anything with buffalo sauce is a win for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am all about making buffalo chicken in the crockpot - not only is it super easy, but you can use it in so many different dishes to create variety in your meals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! I love buffalo chicken served with an easy slaw. Perfect amount of crunch (and easy)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will 100% be making this - I have learned to love buffalo anything this year!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy deliciousness! You had me at crockpot and buffalo <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! That sounds delicious and I cannot believe that it's only three ingredients! It really doesn't get much easier than that, does it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making it this week now! Buffalo chicken is actually something Tripp will eat ha! Thanks for sharing!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to try this!! I love buffalo chicken wraps and anything that can be cooked in the crockpot is ideal for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great idea! I've cooked BBQ chicken like this in the crock pot, but have never thought about Buffalo Chicken. My boys will love this! Thanks so much for linking through Tuesday Talk.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh this is so good! We make something similar for sandwiches and it's beyond delicious - we haven't made it yet this season and now I'm definitely wanting a batch!

    ReplyDelete