Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Stuffed Shells

Happy Tuesday!  Today I have one of my favorite recipes to share with you.  I feel like I have a lot of "favorite" recipes that I share, but I think they are all so good!

My mom made this for us growing up and it was one of the first dishes I started making myself in college.  It is a huge crowd pleaser - I don't think I have heard of anyone not liking this dish!  Not only is it delicious, but it is pretty darn easy to make.  If you have a helper to stuff the shell with, the prep time flies by!

I cheated a little bit in sharing this recipe.  The picture below isn't actually of shells that I made, it is a picture of some my mom did.  When she visited this weekend, she brought over some food - soup, salad and shells.  Thanks, Mom!  Everything was great on Sunday.  What's even better is that there were enough leftover for dinner again last night!


Stuffed Shells
20-24 jumbo shells
1 32oz jar of spaghetti sauce (I like Prego)
1 1/2 lb ground round
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
8oz shredded mozzarella cheese
1 egg
1 teaspoon of parsley

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  In a 9x13 dish, pour just enough spaghetti sauce to cover the bottom.  Cook jumbo shells according to the package instructions.  While the noodles are cooking, brown the meat.  After the meat is browned, combine the meat, cheeses, egg and parsley together.  Once noodles are drained, fill the shells with the mixture.  Place on top of the thin layer of spaghetti sauce in the 9x13 pan.  Top the shells with the remaining spaghetti sauce and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.  Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.  Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more.  Enjoy!

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk and Green Fashionista for Recipe Swap.

  

12 comments:

  1. Mmmm stuffed shells are a classic - you can never go wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! That really looks like it would be a good supper on a cold night! Love that your mom brought you some--so sweet!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmmmm! Love stuffed shells, we're actually incorporating them into our Thanksgiving feast this year <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love stuffed shells but I've actually never made them myself! Thanks for the inspiration! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH GIRL! We love these around our house. I miss them because they don't have huge gluten free shells. But still. They are good!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! I've never had stuffed shells before and boy, do I feel like I'm missing out! I need to try some STAT!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, thank you so much for this! My kids will LOVE these and I'm sure Jacob will think the giant shells are really cool. I'm gonna make this one next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't had stuffed shells in years!! Looks delish and easy to whip together. Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I used to have stuffed shells all the time growing up especially over the holidays, being Italian and all. I want to make my own from scratch one day =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goodness gracious...seems simple enough and sounds delicious!!!!!! I have always wanted to make stuffed shells & just have t gotten around to it. I need to change that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks delicious! Like lasagna in shells instead :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete