Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Pumpkin Squares

Hey all!  Happy Tuesday!  Today I have one of my favorite sweets recipes to share with you...pumpkin squares.

My mom has been making these for as long as I can remember.  They are perfect for the fall and winter...or any other time, too!  I love that they are sweet and pumpkin-y, but not so much so that they are too rich or over powering.


Pumpkin Squares
Bars:
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 cups of sugar
1 cup of pumpkin
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
2 teaspoons of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of baking powder
2 cups of flour
Frosting:
3 oz of cream cheese
6 Tablespoons of softened margarine/butter
3 cups of powdered sugar
1 Tablespoon of milk (I use skim)

Beat eggs, oil and sugar together for 3 minuets at medium speed.  Add pumpkin and mix together.  Mix in dry ingredients.  Once everything is mixed well, pour into a greased baking sheet (10x15 baking sheet with sides).  Bake 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.  Insert toothpick in the middle - when it comes out clean, the squares are done.  Let the squares cool for a bit before making the frosting.  If the bars are too warm, the frosting will melt a little!  To make the frosting, combine all ingredients with a mixer.  Spread over slightly warm bars.  Enjoy!

These are super delicious and are definitely a crowd pleaser!

Linking up for Tuesday Talk, Delicious Dish Tuesdays, and Recipe Swap.    

16 comments:

  1. Yum!! These look easy and delicious! Cream cheese icing is always a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm yes please!!! Pass one of those squares over my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that icing is one of my favorites! it tastes sooooooo good on so many recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh these look amazing! Pumpkin baked goods and cream cheese frosting are my weaknesses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum and I have most of these ingredients home except like 2 things...the frosting sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would probably eat all the frosting before it made it onto the bar haha! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm looks so good! Pumpkin + Cream Cheese = Heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Making these! I stinkin' love pumpkin anything and I love the little bit of icing on these!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. This look delicious! Definitely trying this out its soo easy.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought I had exhausted myself of all things pumpkin...and then I saw this recipe! ;) Those look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. YUM YUM YUM!! This looks amazing, and the cream cheese frosting only makes it all the more appealing to me. Can't wait to make this! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Delicious Dish Tuesday! I'm featuring this recipe as one of my favorites for this week's DDT! Feel free to stop by and grab a "Featured Favorite" button, and please bring more fabulous recipes!

    ReplyDelete