Thursday, November 5, 2015

November 2015 Goals

It's that time again...goal time.  Let's recap October, then get to November.  Before I do that though, I wanted to tell you all to check out my guest post on my love of decorating over at Molly's blog today!  This is my first ever guest post and I was SO excited she asked me!  Ok, now, onto October!

October Goals:

1. Set out clothes for the entire week.  I did not do this.  I would try, and then sit there in front of my closet with no idea what I am going to want to wear days from now.  However, I did start setting out my clothes for the next day the night before, which definitely helps make the morning go smoother.

2. 10 Minute Pick Up.  I did this most nights.  I didn't really time myself at 10 minutes, but I picked up before I went to bed.  I do think this helped keep my apartment looking nicer, as well as keeping myself more organized and less overwhelmed.  

3. Clean out closet shelves.  I started on this, but haven't quite finished it.  I just have so many odds and ends, I need to figure out where to put them, or if I even need to continue holding on to them. 

4. Carve a pumpkin.  This didn't happen.  I had plans for us to carve pumpkins Halloween weekend, but instead of doing so, we had an extremely lazy weekend which was much needed and just as fun, if not more than carving pumpkins.

October was a pretty great month, but I am excited it is November...Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays!


November Goals:

1. Finish Christmas shopping.  I have started on my lists and even made one purchase this past weekend, but I would like to finish all my gift buying by the end of the month.  

2. Try 4 new recipes.  I feel like I am starting to get into a rut with my cooking.  To help combat that, I want to try four new recipes.   

3. Create a new budget.  My car's birthday was yesterday!  I still don't know when I will get it in, but it has been made!  I want to create a new budget for myself, now that I will need to plan for my car payment.

4. Clean out my jewelry box.  I keep it pretty simple with my jewelry.  I have about four necklaces I wear on a regular basis, a few bracelets and about the same in earrings.  However, I have a whole jewelry box full of different things, as well as a travel case with even more jewelry.  I think going through everything will help me start wearing more, as well as pare down what I have.

That's it for November.  Wish me luck!

Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.

22 comments:

  1. I think these are great goals! I went through my jewelry organizer a couple weeks ago because it was getting crowded and there are things that I just dont wear anymore. It felt good to purge it!
    Check out some of the recipes on my page if you want some easy, and tasty recipes to try! If I can make them, you can too!
    Checking out your guest post now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay good luck! Trying new recipes will be fun =) I wrote down a bunch of November goals too and hope to get them done, but it's a pretty ambitious list. I just know once December comes all goals and planning goes out the window with shopping, wrapping, cooking, family, e.t.c.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Start Christmas shopping is definitely on the list for me. I want to enjoy the month of festivities! :) Great Goals!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals, and so exciting about your new car! Christmas shopping is on my list as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great goals. I totally need to set out my clothes too. I'm SO bad about that and then end up trying on 30 outfits, leaving them all in a heap on the closet floor and having to deal with it after work. Not a great routine! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would seriously LOVE to finish my Christmas shopping early this year. I have a bad habit of leaving Christmas shopping till the last minute and getting super stressed out by it. Hopefully I can start earlier than a week before Christmas this year? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that would definitely be preferred, I am sure! That way you can ease the stress and enjoy the season more!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for guest blogging!!!! I hope you accomplish all your goals this month. Those would be some good ones to accomplish :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm obsessed with budgets so please share how you do yours!! I have to get some gifts done this month!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think you did a great job on October! I love your November goals too. I plan on getting all of my Christmas gifts on Black Friday :) I don't have too much extra jewelry, I wear a good bit, but the rest just are old rings that I never wear now that I'm married (it feels weird to wear multiples now, I know that's weird)

    I'm checking out your guest post after this.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really would like to have my Christmas shopping done by the end of the month, too, but I do NOT see that happening! Haha. Good luck with yours! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I seriously hope I can get tons of Christmas shopping done this month! Creating a new budget is a good idea! I might have to do that for myself soon, actually! Excited to read your guest post on Molly's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the 10 minute pick up idea. It makes such a big difference for so little effort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Even if you are crazy tired, you can usually always spare 10 minutes, knowing it will make your morning easier!

      Delete
  13. I need to figure out what to do with my closet shelves! I just have random junk on them and I want to organize them soon. I'm so impressed you've already started Christmas shopping!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your goal of finishing christmas shopping! I think I want to tell my husband that from now on, we need to have our shopping done by dec 1 so we can enjoy the holiday month and relax/spend time together instead of rushing around to shop!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The ten minute pick up is a good idea! That would definitely save some time on cleaning throughout the weekend. I would also love to get my Christmas shopping mostly done this month! It's definitely a priority because I used to procrastinate so much when it came time to buy gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the idea of making goals each month good post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is nice to come up with them and have a bit of accountability!

      Delete
  17. All of your goals are so great! We really, really need to try some new recipes over here. Good luck, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am going to be searching some other blogs for some recipes today! I can't wait to pick a few!

      Delete