Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Favorites 11.20.15

It's Friday! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.

 

Rainy days.  Lately I have really been into the cooler, drearier weather.  I am not sure why exactly, but as long as I don't have anywhere to go (I HATE driving in the rain!) and the temperature is above freezing, bring on the rain!

Visits from my mom.  My mom is coming this weekend to visit and help me decorate for Christmas.  We also have a few fun DIY projects we are going to be working on for the blog, so stay tuned!  We have a busy Sunday planned, with decorating, DIY-ing and a little shopping.  I can't wait!

Two new recipes!  I am half way to achieving one of my November goals!  So far, I have made two new recipes - Rainbow Turkey and Bean Chili (from In the Kitchen with Kris) and Ranch Pork Roast (Better Homes & Gardens).  Both recipes were wins in my book.  I hope that my other two are just as good!

Serving ideas.  In this week's Show & Tell link up, hosted by Momfessionals, the topic was serving.  I loved reading the posts about how others serve.  I felt I was able to get new ideas on how I could get more involved and help out others.

Kate Spade charging bags.  I saw an email on this earlier in the week, and oh my goodness, I think it is such a good idea!  A bag that also serves as a charge for your phone - brilliant!  This pouch would be the perfect gift for someone that is always in need of extra battery life.

Hope you all have a great weekend!   

11 comments:

  1. Kate Spade charging bags? Say whaaaaat??? I need to investigate these.....but my wallet is yelling at me not to haha.
    Hope you have a good weekend friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preach to the not driving in the rain, like seriously makes me super nervous! That charging bag is incredible, my dies like 5 out of 7 days while I'm out so I could definitely use the pouch! happy weekend babe!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, thanks for the recipe recommendations! I've been in such a rut lately so I love to see what everyone else is liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, too! It's easy to just make the same things over and over again!

      Delete
  4. Those KS charging bags are genius! And I also love a good rainy day when I don't have to go anywhere, nothing is more cozy than reading or Netflix binging while it's raining. Happy Friday <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, I hate driving in the rain. I had one of the worst drives home EVER two nights ago. It was POURING and it was dark and it was right during the middle of rush hour traffic and I had Jacob in the car, so I was even more scared knowing it was up to me to keep him safe. I ended up taking the back roads home so I could avoid the crazy interstate and it was still terrifying.

    Have a fabulous time with your mom this weekend! I can't wait to see what you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shut the front door....a charging pouch!! Have a super fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. need that kate spade charging bag so bad. so so bad. why couldn't i think of that!?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so with you about driving in the rain! Plus, other drivers act like morons whenever it rains... even if it's 80 degrees outside and not icy at all. The ranch pork roast sounds really good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That KS wristlet is sooo cute! And obviously practical since it can charge your phone. Have fun with your mom this weekend!

    ReplyDelete