Wednesday, October 28, 2015

What's Up Wednesday 10.28.15

I am linking up for What's Up Wednesday with Mix and Match Family, Pinterest Told Me To and The Larson Lingo. And with my usual Wednesday favorites, Jenn and Jessi for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday!


What I'm eating this week...beef fasolia, yum!  This week has highs in the low 60's so warm, yummy comfort food is what's on the menu!

What I'm reminiscing about...this past year.  It has flown by with a lot of ups and downs...it's hard to believe only a few months until it is 2016.

What I'm loving...getting organized.  I spent a good portion of my Sunday going through a bunch of old papers.  It felt really good getting everything in order.  I think it will make it much easier for me going forward to put things where they go, as opposed to just piling them up to go through at a later date.

What I've been up to...enjoying this time of year!  With trips to the pumpkin patch, winery, I have been trying to get out and enjoy this gorgeous weather and time of  year before the dreaded winter comes!

What I'm dreading...car payments.  I am so excited to get my new car sometime next month, but I am not too excited about having a car payment again.  Less money for fun shopping! 

What I'm working on...blog planning.  Sometimes I do well at this, other times, not so much.  I am definitely trying to get ahead as much as possible and be more efficient when it comes to my blog posts.  Always a work in progress, though. 

What I'm excited about...starting my new job!  Today is the big day.  I am so excited, yet so nervous.  I feel like I have been waiting on this day for so long, it's hard to believe it is actually here!

What I'm watching...lots and lots of TV, with a few movies sprinkled in there.  I saw Rudy for the first time this past weekend, and next in line is Hoosiers...I love a good sports movie.  Also, I have three new Hallmark movies just waiting to be watched on my DVR.  Hard to believe that it will be the start of their countdown to Christmas this weekend! 

What I'm listening to...nothing in particular.  Just whatever suits my fancy on the radio.  Pretty soon it will be time for Christmas music...I can't wait!

What I'm wearing...these booties.  I got TOMs booties for Christmas last year and they have been on repeat so far this fall.  They are super comfortable to walk around in...when we were in Chicago a few weekends ago, I wore them the whole time!  I love the look and like I said...they are SO comfortable.

What I'm doing this weekend...hopefully carving pumpkins!  I don't really have any set plans for this weekend, but I am sure something will pop up!  I also plan on picking up a little candy, just in case someone comes trick or treating!

What I'm looking forward to next month...so much!  My nephew is getting baptized, getting my new car, Thanksgiving, Black Friday...the fun just doesn't stop!

What else is new...not only am I just looking forward to Jack's baptism because it will be so nice to see my family, I am even more excited because my brother and sister-in-law asked me to be his godmother!  I am so honored! 

What is my favorite Thanksgiving recipe...as I mentioned in my "fall about me" post, my favorite thing at Thanksgiving are the dumplings.  It just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without them! 

What's up with you this Wednesday?!

17 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about getting a pair of Toms booties, so I'm glad to hear they are comfy! Good luck on your new job today!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck today - you're going to rock that new job! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also can't believe it's almost 2016!! This year has been such a hard one. When I think back to specific moments from earlier this year it feels like a lifetime ago--but it also seems to have flown right by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have those booties in black and LOVE THEM!!!! SO functional and cute. I'm getting organized too, both at home and in the blog world and it feels fabulous. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck at you new job! I love the Tom's booties, I think I need to invest in a pair of wedge booties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those Toms booties! Those are next on my list (I have the herringbone ones and love them too). Yay for starting the new job soon! I know you've been eagerly awaiting that. Hopefully it all goes smoothly!
    Thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i hear ya on the blog planning! keep at it. It helps a lot in the long run

    XO Ellen from Ask Away Blog
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say you have a lot going on! Getting organized for sure! (I need your motivation haha)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loooove the Tom's booties! I have them in black and wear them alllll the time! I'm considering getting them in a different color too, because they are so dang comfy! Good luck on your first day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shoes are super cute! They don't look too high either so maybe I'd like them. Hope you're having a good first day =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOMS booties are sooo cute. I really need to buy a pair, especially if they're so comfy! I had Target ones and they killed my feet. Good luck on your new position!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay!! I hope your new job was awesome today! :) I love getting organized- I'm hoping for some free time this weekend to do some of that myself! My TOMs flats are my fave, I def need a pair of their booties though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a little late on commenting so hopefully your day went well with the new job! I love those booties too & have heard how comfy they are! I wish I would have splurged on those instead of trying to save money on some JC Penney ones (not comfortable at all).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those Toms booties! SO cute!
    Thanks for linking up with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously cannot believe it's almost the end of the year. I saw something on twitter today like 8 or 9 Mondays until christmas?! WHAT!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete