Monday, October 26, 2015

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  I hope everyone had a great weekend.  How is it Monday already?  I definitely think the idea of a constant 3 day weekend needs to catch on...one day to have fun, one day to do responsible stuff (grocery shopping, cleaning, meal planning) and one day to just relax!  Wouldn't that be so nice?

I had a pretty great weekend.  Friday was the usual...the movies.  We saw Steve Jobs - it was pretty interesting.  However, it was kind of long and I got SUPER tired during it.  I also felt like it jumped around a lot, with no good transitions.  I would say it was still a decent movie, though.  Just not one of my very favorites.

Saturday began with a trip to Chandler Hill Winery.  I have been to this winery a few times, and was really looking forward to going back again.  It is only about 20-30 minutes away from my apartment, but it feels like you are in the middle of nowhere.  I think last weekend must have been the peak for the trees, but it still was very pretty.  I tried to get a few pictures, but they just do not do it justice.  The winery is on top of a hill, and has a HUGE deck with a bunch of tables.  We decided to go first thing, which was definitely the right move.  It filled up fast.  We arrived only about 10 minutes after the open time, but the bar was already very crowded, as was the outside.  Had we been 15 minutes later, I think we would have had a hard time finding a table!  We enjoyed some wine, along with a few appetizers.  The weather was a bit on the chilly side when there was a breeze, but once we started drinking our wine, the weather became very comfortable.  The rest of the day was spend just relaxing.

Sunday I met with one of my best friends for brunch.  We decided to try out Jimmy's on the Park.  The restaurant was in a super cute area.  If the weather had been nicer, it would have been the perfect little place to sit outside.  Afterwards, we ventured to Whole Foods.  I have only been to Whole Foods once before, and I basically went in and turned back around shortly after, because it was just too crazy.  I was so impressed this time though.  We went to a different location and it wasn't nearly as packed as the other place had been.  There were so many good things I want to try!  We headed back to her place for a bit of Lifetime movie watching, before I decided I needed to get on my grocery shopping for the day.  I spent the afternoon reading and cleaning/organizing.  Overall, it was a pretty productive day!

Now, onto another work week.  This week is special for me, as I finally get to start my new job on Wednesday!  I am very excited and very nervous.  Hope you all have a marvelous Monday!  Linking up with Biana for Weekending.       

17 comments:

  1. I can't believe it's Monday already, either. The weekend was super fast! Sounds like you had a great one though, I love going on winery tours, they are great fun. Glad your second Whole Foods experience was better, I enjoy the store, too much if you ask my wallet! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any weekend that involves a trip to a winery is a good one in my book! Glad you had a nice time :)
    Hope Monday is easy on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree about 3 day weekends, sometimes there is just not enough time to pack it all in 2 days! Good luck at your new job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had s winery just 20-30 mins from my house! Whole Foods always seems to be a mad house - apparently they have really good prepared food. Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wine weekends are the best - so cool that it's so close to your house too! Sounds like a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like such a lovely weekend! I've been dying to visit another winery. Hope you have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Any weekend with winery and brunch is a big win in my book! Good luck with the new job :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That winery sounds like so much fun! And there really isn't anything better to warm yourself up on a windy day than a nice glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for starting your new job!! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Glad you had a relaxing, fun weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The winery sounds like such fun as does the brunch - two of my favorite activities!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to hear about the new job! Always something nice for a change. I've never been to a winery before but that one sounds great.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like you rocked out this weekend- all fun things! :) I definitely needed today off, I wish I could have stayed in bed all day and recovered hehe! Congrats on the new job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That winery sounds amazing!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am absolutely with you on the three-day weekend. How perfect would that be to have a day for each of those things? I might actually stay on top of our house cleaning if I had that extra day! Ha!

    Glad you had a great weekend! I want to go to a winery so bad! That's definitely on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your formula for a 3-day weekend is perfection! I never thought about it like that, but a fun day, a productive day, and a relaxing day would be so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am all for more 3 day weekends, 2 days is not enough to get everything done and recharge. I want to go see the Steve Jobs movie, but I get tired and antsy quick so I'll wait to Netflix it on the couch. And that winery sounds amazing <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Go see The Martian!!!!! It's long too so go early in the afternoon!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete