Monday, October 12, 2015

Weekend Recap

Another weekend has come and gone...happy Monday!

Friday was pretty low-key at work.  Since Saturday was going to be another work day, I was able to leave a little earlier on Friday, which is always nice!  We headed to the movies to see The Martian.  I really like Matt Damon, and I think he does really well in this movie.  However, some parts I thought were a little slow and anti-climatic.  I would have loved to see more of how he lived on Mars and have less focus be on the people back on Earth, trying to figure out how to get to him.  I would still recommend going to see the movie, though, especially if you are a Matt Damon fan.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous out.  I really lucked out and was able to be out of work around noon.  The leaves around here have started to change, so we decided to take a little drive.  There is a State Park, Babler Park, not too far away from here that we decided to check out.  Although the leaves haven't really peaked, there was still quite a bit of change that was just so pretty!  Also, we checked out the statue of the namesake of the park, Dr. Babler.  I have never heard of him before, so it was a bit of a learning experience.  




The early evening was spent watching the Cubs/Cards game...the Cubs won!  I was pretty excited about that - I just wanted them to win at least one game in the series!  Right now, the series is tied 1-1, with the teams moving to Chicago for the next two games.  They play again today, so we will see how that one turns out!

It seems the theme of the weekend was relaxing...Sunday was probably more so that way than anything else.  Lots of tv watching and reading...as well as normal weekend chores, like cleaning and laundry sprinkled in there.  

Hope you all had a great weekend!  Linking up with Biana for Weekending!
  

22 comments:

  1. The colors this time of year are seriously something amazing!! Glad work didn't keep you too long on Saturday!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing better than a relaxing we can girl! So I've been wanting to see the Martian but I've heard mixed reviews so still on the fence, ha ha!! I hope your Monday gets off to a smooth and marvelous start beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definintely say it is worth going to see! I think I would just tweak a few things for me...but it really was good!

      Delete
  3. What gorgeous fall colors on the trees! I am obsessed with how colorful the park nearby is right now. Looks like you had weather for a perfect weekend :)

    www.HannahAtHomeBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It definitely was a beautiful weekend! Glad you were able to spend most of Saturday doing what you want instead of at work!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sundays sound exactly like mine! Just how I like them :) The fall leaves look so pretty. My husband and I were just saying how much we love it when they change!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful pics of the trees and leaves!!! I LOVE gorgeous sunny fall weekends!! Glad you had a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that you got so much relaxing time in this weekend - I'm hoping for that soon! The park pictures look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fall colors are always so beautiful! When the leaves change it's amazing. I wish we had that color change here, but I think we just go from green to brown to none. Glad you were able to enjoy Saturday even though you had to work!

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah the fall foliage is so pretty! The leaves are JUST starting to turn here (DC). I love it!! And I think the only productive thing I did yesterday was fold laundry. Glad I'm not alone ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely not alone! I have to say my towels are still in the dryer....oops!

      Delete
  10. A state park sounds fun! Colors are just now starting to change here.. I'm excited for them to change more!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such an awesome relaxing weekend! The fall leaves look amazing. How did I not know about you super cute blog? Definitely your newest follower ♥ Happy Monday!

    http://yesiandlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, that just made my day! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  12. My Momma is going to see The Martian this week, but she was a little hesitant because she wasn't sure if she would like it or not. I'll be sure to pass along the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We had a beautiful Saturday as well! Glad you got to get out and enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I plan to see The Martian soon. Seems like you had a great weekend♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really nice! I am ready for another weekend right now!

      Delete
  15. I'm from Arizona so I should like the cardinals but honestly I don't even care!! haha :) Go Cubs! (don't tell any of my arizona friends I said that) And I am glad you had a great weekend!! Can't wait for fall to be in full bloom soon!! Those pictures of the leaves are gorgeous!!
    xo, Candace | Lovely Little Rants

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a fabulous weekend! I can't wait to see The Martian, but I think I'll wait til it's on Netflix :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. Relaxing weekends are the best! The park looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete