Monday, October 19, 2015

Weekend Recap + Eventbrite

Hey all!  Happy Monday!  Let's get started with a recap of my weekend...

I headed to the movies Friday evening.  I feel like this has been my past few Fridays which is awesome for me!  I absolutely love the movies.  We saw Bridges of Spies...such a GREAT movie.  Normally, I am not a Tom Hanks fan.  Why; I am not really sure.  But he did SO good in the movie.  Definitely a must-see.  Afterwards, we grabbed some dinner before heading home.  For some reason, it was a super long week at work, so by the end of Friday, I was worn out! 

Saturday morning was spent doing one of my favorite fall things...heading to the pumpkin patch!  Eckert's has been a favorite since college, so we headed there bright and early to avoid some of the crowd.  One of the reasons I love going there, is because they take you out to the fields to pick your pumpkin.  They have a bunch picked if you just want to grab one and go, but I like the experience of actually going to the field to pick pumpkins.  We made short work of finding our pumpkins, then headed back to the main area to check out the country store.  They have so many goodies there - caramel apples, salsas, meats, baked goods...the list goes on.  We filled up a basket of things to try and headed home. 









We stopped for burgers at O'Connell's Pub after the pumpkin patch.  We stumbled upon this place last winter and have been wanting to go back for awhile.  The atmosphere of this place is SO neat.  The lighting is super dark, and there is wood everywhere.  This is a bar area, as well as a dining room.  The menu is very simple, but very delicious.  Sometimes simple is the way to go.  We oped for the burgers, which to me, is always a good idea.  Onion rings and fries were the two sides of choice.  Everything was just delicious.  We ended the meal by splitting a gooey butter cake cookie.  Yum!



Sunday was spent relaxing and catching up around the apartment.  I headed to Target, and I am happy to say I think I only left with one thing not on the list...impressive!  Unfortunately, I ended up without a few items that were on the list - note to self, when you head to Target on a Sunday night, the shelves might be a little emptier than normal!  I headed home to make pumpkin squares for work...they are a fall favorite.  Check back in a few weeks for the recipe - it is definitely one worth sharing!  

If you have been reading here for awhile, you know I love taking advantage of where I live...whether it be checking out local restaurants, or the local sites.  I have struggled a bit with finding the "fun" stuff that goes on in the city - there are so many neat festivals/fairs that I hear about after the fact.  Enter Eventbrite.  A website that helps people find and plan events.  When I heard about this website, it sounded right up my alley.  You can use it to find fun things to do, as well as promote your own event with their event management software.  Definitely a win in my book!  

Hope you all had a great weekend.  I am linking up with Biana for Weekending.
     

21 comments:

  1. I'm excited for Bridge of Spies, it looks really, really good. And all of your pictures are fabulous, such beautiful fall pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fall!! I've never been to a Pumpkin patch. I've always wanted to go and your pictures just made me jealous. Looks like your weekend was awesome! You went to target and didn't splurge?! Teach me your tricks. Happy Monday ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun!! That pumpkin patch looks so cute and festive! We had that on our "to do" list this weekend too but it was pouring so we bailed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The piumpkin patch looks so fun! I haven't been to one in years but I would love to get to one this year if we can find the time! www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks like a huge pumpkin patch! I love those little country stores.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a pumpkin patch - sounds like a seriously amazing weekend!! I haven't been to target in a week - that's a new record for me LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where am I on the movie game? Several bloggers have mentioned movies that I've never heard of before. Gotta step up my game.

    This pumpkin patch looks amazing. We've gone to one every year since we've been together but it's nothing compared to this one here. Also the food places you've picked out look delicious. they always do. Whenever I come to your city, I'm coming to you for the best places to eat.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect Fall weekend accompanied with some seriously good eats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pumpkin patch looks so cool! We went to the pumpkin patch just to get pumpkins for wedding decor...I feel like I missed out on the full experience because we kind of rushed. We saw a movie last week and I realized I miss seeing movies! I want to start going more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm definitely a Tom Hanks fan so I'm super excited to see that movie soon! :) Glad to hear you liked it! :) And a gooey butter cake cookie?! Omg, I am DROOLING haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You only left Target with one extra thing? You need to teach me your ways because I don't think that's ever happened to me before!

    Glad you had a great weekend! That pumpkin patch looks awesome! We have a pumpkin patch here, but not one where they actually grow the pumpkins, so that would be really neat to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, let me share my trick from last night with you...I went when I didn't even want to really leave the house to do anything, I knew I had to get home so I could start baking...AND I had trouble finding items in the store...that will make you be in and out quickly. :)

      Delete
  12. looks like you had a great weekend! The pumpkin patch looks so cute! I love that it's almost antique like, and not super halloween-y. So fun!

    Jenna
    www.thatssofletch.storenvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the pumpkin patch day - the weather looked perfect and seasonal activities are always such fun! The lunch after looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That movie looks so good! I'm a big Tom Hanks fan--especially in Forrest Gump haha! Glad you had a fun weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun weekend! I have to get to the pumpkin patch this week and seriously, I cannot remember the last movie I saw!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw what a perfect little fall weekend you had. I've been begging my family to go to the pumpkin patch but nobody will go with me. Ughhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gotta love a good pumpkin patch! I'll definitely have to check out Eventbrite, I always miss out on festivals and events too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like an awesome weekend! I've been wanting to go to a pumpkin patch this year but I don't know if it's going to happen! Oh well, maybe next year. I'll have to check in to that movie, it's been forever since I've been to a movie in the theater!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I need to check out eventbrite! Even though I've always lived in Birmingham, I feel like I don't know about events until they are over so thanks for the info!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a great weekend!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete