Thursday, October 15, 2015

Versatile Blogger

Finally Thursday!  I thought all day yesterday that it was Thursday...and now it is finally here.  Usually thinking it is a day closer to the weekend when it is not, is really unfortunate, but this time I was glad to be wrong considering the piles of work that I need to get done before the end of the week!



Tara, over at A Hill Country Heart, nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award...thanks so much, Tara!  Getting nominated really means so much!

The rules for this are as follows...thank/link to the person who nominated you, share 7 facts about yourself and then nominate some of your other favorites.  

1.  I have horrible eyesight.  Without glasses or contacts, I am so blind.  I am nearsighted, so I can read or look at my phone without my glasses/contacts, but other than that, everything is just a blur.  When I was younger, I was the only one in my family without glasses.  Now, I have the worse eyesight out of them all!

2.  Total geek alert...when I was younger (5th grade), I read all the Newbery Award winner books.  It was a challenge issued by my 5th grade teacher - we were to read the books, give a short oral book report and repeat until we were done with the list.  My efforts spilled over into the summer, but I did it!  There are a ton more award winners out there since I was in 5th grade, so I can only imagine how difficult of a task that would be now.  One of the most memorable books I read was The Story of Mankind....I just remember it being a huge struggle to make it through this book.  I have half a mind to check it out now, see how it compares to what I remember.

3.  My favorite movie of all time is Dirty Dancing...nobody puts Baby in the corner!

4.  I don't like pictures of myself which is why my posts never include pictures with me in them!  I am just very particular about what I think looks good/bad.  That is something I want to work on though!

5.  I love purses.  I tend to go for more expensive purses, but I usually use them for quite some time so I feel like I get my money's worth.  Granted my budget doesn't include some of my dream bags, like a Burberry bag, but one of those is definitely on my wishlist!

6.  I don't like spicy food.  I want to like it, but I just can't handle the heat.  Even things that others say are pretty mild, I usually find really hot.   

7.  Give me a glass of red wine, or a margarita and you will have one happy girl.  Those are definitely my two drinks of choice.  My love for red wine started a few years ago, but now that is my go-to, specifically Pinot Noir.  Margaritas are always a good idea, too.  I usually go for a regular one on the rocks...that just tastes the best to me!

Hopefully you were able to learn a few new things about me!  Now for my nominations...

Tara hit some of my faves, so I am just going to put it out there for anyone reading...if you are interested in participating, the more the merrier!  I always love finding out more about the girls behind the blogs! 

Linking up with Amanda for Thinking Out Loud and Annie for Thoughts for Thursday.

16 comments:

  1. I have supremely bad eyesight too, girl, so you're not alone in the nearsighted/almost blind club :)
    I love Dirty Dancing too! Was so fun getting to know a bit more about you! Hope your Thursday is quick and you get that pile of work down :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have horrible eyesight, too! I have reading glasses and I will wear them now to watch TV so I'm trying to prolong the fact that I don't have to wear glasses 24/7. My mom loves Dirty Dancing! I used to watch it with her all the time. And you and my sister both love purses!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved learning more about you! I am the same way with purses...I love them and have way too many haha! xo, biana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a total book nerd growing up too. I’d head to the library, get 15-20 books alphabetize them by author and read them in that order. Hahah complete nerd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that! I definitely loaded up at the library, too, but never thought about reading them by alphabetized order...that is too funny! What a great way to pick which one to start with!

      Delete
  5. I also have really bad eyesight!! Love the reading thing! That totally sounds like something I would have done too. I've always loved reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. total geek alert for me too - I always had the most accelerated reading points in elementary & was in UIL Spelling in Middle school - a few levels up! Lol....

    I also am such a wimp when it comes to spicy foods but love the flavor. It's a love/hate relationship.

    Glad you participated! I loved reading your facts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were just talking about accelerated reader at work...those were the good ol' days!

      Delete
  7. I have horrible eyesight too! I almost always wear my glasses even in bed when I'm looking at my phone because it's so bad. and yes on the purses, although I try to get them on discount or through ebay. My current bag is a year old and I got it 62% through ebay, brand new, legit and everything! She was selling it because it had one sharpie mark in the pocket.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are beautiful, friend- you should post more pictures! :) I am with you on the spicy foods- I'll get a mild sauce/salsa and still think it's hot haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you believe that I've never seen Dirty Dancing all the way through?!?! Shocking, I know.

    And yes, please give me all the red wine! It's my very favorite drink!

    And you should TOTALLY post more pictures of yourself! I think the only one I've ever seen is the one in your sidebar!! But you are gorgeous, lady, so flaunt yoself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pinot noir is also my favorite type of red wine! I love learning more about my favorite bloggers too.. makes us all more relatable =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love posts where I get to learn more about bloggers :)! I had horrible eye sight but then had lasik and it was the best thing ever! I think it's so cool you read all the Newbery Winners. I was a HUGE book nerd growing up, and still am, but I wasn't quite as smart in my choices. Lots of Baby sitter club and Nancy Drews in there.

    I love a good glass of red wine or a Margarita. I prefer mine with no salt, but on the rocks or frozen taste delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I've ever seen Dirty Dancing all the way through! I guess I've lived a sheltered life, haha. Margaritas on the rocks are way better than blended. I love these types of posts as it's so fun to get to know other bloggers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm such a wimp when it comes to hot food. I love Mexican but my nose starts running like crazy hahah (ps sorry I'm behind on my blog reading!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, mine always does that when I eat something a little warmer, like soup!

      Delete