Tuesday, October 6, 2015

October 2015 Goals

I wanted to start today off with a little shout out to my mom...it's her birthday!  Happy, happy birthday!  I hope you have the most amazing day. 

Now onto the post...

October goals.  I feel like I say this all the time, but where has the time gone?  This year is just flying by!  I can hardly believe it is October!  Before I get to my goals for this month, let's take a look back at September.

September Goals:

1. Under sink organization.  This didn't happen.  It totally slipped my mind until the last weekend in September, and it just was not going to happen before the end of the month. 

2. Clothing list.  Again...did not happen. 

3. Christmas presents.  One goal was achieved this month!  I have started getting together Christmas present ideas.  Still in the beginning stages, but it definitely is a start!

4. Live in today.  This is a struggle.  I think I was able to do this some, but I still feel like I am always "waiting" for things to happen.  That being said, I do think I was able to improve some, just not as much as I had hoped when I made this goal.  

Obviously September was not a good goal month for me.  I really need to post my goals somewhere that I can see them on a daily basis as a reminder.  Here is what I have planned for October!

October Goals:

1. Set out clothes for the entire week.  I have heard of others doing this and thought maybe I should give it a try.  I used to pick out my clothes the night before, but I have gotten away from that some.  I want to get back to that and take it to the next level by setting things out for the entire week.  I feel like this would make my mornings go a lot smoother!

2. 10 Minute Pick Up.  I came across this idea on Honey We're Home.  Before heading to bed, spend 10 minutes picking things up around the house.  It sounds like a simple way to keep myself a little more organized and my apartment a little cleaner during the week.

3. Clean out closet shelves.  My apartment has one large closet.  That was one of the things that sold me on this apartment.  In the closet, I have some built in shelves that have just become junk shelves.  If I don't know what to do with something small, it usually ends up there.  I know I could be using this storage space more efficiently.  

4. Carve a pumpkin.  I have had a pumpkin carving kit for years...literally years!  I want to put that kit to use this year.  Hopefully I can tie in a trip to the pumpkin patch with my pumpkin carving...just a fun-filled fall day!   

Those are my goals for October...let's hope that this month's goals go a little better than last!  

Linking up with Sweet Little Ones for Tuesday Talk.
              

17 comments:

  1. I like the 10 minute pick up idea - going to have to steal that from you!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these ideas. Although I don't think I could lay out my clothes for the week...the night before definitely but the whole week I feel like I'd end up changing my mind anyway haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to do the 10 minute pick up, too! That's such a great idea! Some nights I'm good about picking things up and other nights I'm too tired, but when I get up the next morning, I always appreciate it if I've cleaned up the night before. It's nice waking up to a clean house!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have set out my clothes for the entire week for as long as I can remember! I cannot tell you how incredibly easier it makes the week go! Great goals girl and I love all these especially carve a pumpkin, who doesn't love carving pumpkins this time of year? Fun fun fun and I hope you have a very happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of a 10 minute pick up- atleast in my house there is no way on earth I'm going to get the moments to organize in the am!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to do some closet organizing too…. who knows what’s lost deep down there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! You never know if you will find a treasure or something that makes you wonder why in the world you still have it!

      Delete
  7. Don't beat yourself up. Organization can really be a hard thing, especially with all the daily task we have in our lives. #TuesTalk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There is definitely always room for improvement when it comes to organization!

      Delete
  8. Doing a little bit of pickup at night is the best - whether it's putting away kitchen items, picking up Stella's toys or fluffing the couch pillows, it's always nicer to come down the next morning and see things somewhat neat! Way to go starting to get organized for Christmas last month - that's actually on my to do list this month - I go nuts for Christmas so planning early is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, sometimes we have those months where we just don't get everything done that we want. I have a quote that I used on my August goals for your waiting goal. Also, I started setting out my clothes for the week and it has saved me SO much time in the mornings and I never would have thought. I think you'll really like that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Living in today" is SO HARD! It's a great goal to add, though. I need to work on that more often.

    And yes, the fall is flying by! It will be Christmas before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do the ten minute pick-up right after the kids go to bed... that way they're not around to dirty things up again, and that also allows me to get it done before I start feeling too lazy. You should definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great goals! I like the 10 minute pick up idea!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the 10 min pick up idea. in Gretchen Rubin's podcast, Happier, she has a 1 minute rule. Where anything that takes less than a minute you have to do it and not let it pile up! I love that and makes it feel so much more manageable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good luck with your goals :) I think they are great ones especially the 10 minute pick up and the planning out the clothes for a week. I only do mine the night before, but I could start doing more days in a row, may help with the scramble I do in the morning.

    liz jo @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete