Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Go Cubs Go...

Another Wednesday, another What's Hap-pinning link up with Jenn and Jessi.



Today I am focusing on the Chicago Cubs.  As I have mentioned before, I live in the St. Louis area.  In the past year or two, I have become more open to the idea of being a Cardinals fan...baseball is everything in this city and the Cardinals are pretty darn good.  However, when it came time for the Cardinals to play the Cubs in the playoffs, my loyalty for the Cubs shined through. 

I grew up surrounded by Cubs fans.  You can drive through my hometown and see dozens of homes with "W" flags proudly flown after a Cub win.  My grandpa (on my mom's side) was a HUGE Cubs fan, as pretty much everyone on my Dad's side of the family...and he is one of 10!  When my grandpa got sick, I remember my mom saying that she wished the Cubs would win the World Series, so that he could see that in his lifetime.  Unfortunately, that didn't happen, but I know he is up there, celebrating last night's win with us as the Cubs get one step closer to the World Series!

In honor of the Cubs big win over the Cardinals last night, I am linking up some of my favorite Cubs pins.


Chicago Cubs Baseball Wreath by NTgoodthings on Etsy:


Oh my goodness! how cute! You can get the Baby Baseball Cap Diaper Cover Pants Chicago Cubs by chhunneangs, $29.00:


Wrigley Field (been):


Cubs Win! 9/28/15 GO CUBS!! ❤️:

Let's hope they can keep this up in the next round...according to the second Back to the Future movie, 2015 is their year!  

15 comments:

  1. AHHH I didn't realize you were a cubs fan! Me too all the way from Alabama! My brother was a huge Cubbie fan since he was a little kid so I had to keep his memory alive with his Cubs lovin', he would be freaking out right over the way they are playing. So awesome!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the W flag being flown after a win--I think it would be so neat to drive around and see that!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your cubs fan loyalty, especially living in "enemy territory" haha. The W flag under the arch made me laugh. I dated someone in St. Louis and you're right--that city is ALL about their baseball team!
    Thanks for linking up today and congrats on your team's win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stop it with the cutest baby picture ever - i swear those get me every time!! So glad your team pulled out a win! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot even tell you how much I love this! We are loyal cubs fans through and through! We live two hours east so we get to quite a few games and our hearts belong to the cubbies! So excited! I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I haven't been to Wrigley since I was little, but try to make it when they play the Cardinals here...always fun for a rivalry game. :)

      Delete
  6. These are great pins! Especially the adorable baby :)

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those pins! I'd like to see the Cubs win...how cool would that be especially because of the Back to the Future coincidence?!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness that little baby picture is darling!! And that's so crazy about the Back to the Future prediction. Wouldn't that be something if they did win?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhh, I had no idea about Back To The Future...eerie!!! :)

    Melissa | So About What I Said

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a baseball fan but I love that wreath!
    Trish - tales from trish

    ReplyDelete
  11. That baby is cute ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  12. That baby with the baseballs is too cute! And I love the baseball wreathe!

    ReplyDelete