Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday Favorites 10.9.15

Happy Friday!!! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.


Surprise packages.  This week I came home to a package from Amazon...inside was two movies, the new Cinderella and Pitch Perfect 2.  I loved both movies in theater and am so excited to now own them.  This weekend may include watching both!


Bagels.  For the quarter ends at work, depending on how the business days fall, I usually have to work one Saturday.  When that happens, the boss brings in bagels for breakfast.  Even though working on a Saturday isn't necessarily my favorite thing, the bagels definitely are a little something that makes it easier!

Cubs/Cards!  The Cubs/Cards series starts today in St. Louis.  This is super exciting because the teams are BIG rivals.  AND the Cubs haven't won the World Series in 107 years!  I grew up a Chicago fan...the house next door to my parents is painted "Cub blue", you see a ton of Cubs flags/"W" flags out around town and my Grandpa was a HUGE Cubs fan.  However, living in St. Louis, I am slowly becoming a Cardinals fan.  It is going to be interesting to watch this play out, that is for sure!

Full DVR.  I know I have mentioned this before, but I am loving all the fall shows.  It is so nice to come home to so many different options of shows to watch!  I can't wait to catch up on them this weekend!

Beef and Noodles.  One of my favorite meals is beef and noodles.  Beef chunks cooked in the crockpot all day + egg noodles = SO good.  Definitely a comfort food meal.  It is so easy and so delicious...check back in a few weeks as I plan on sharing the recipe!

Hope you all have a great weekend!  Hop on over to Astleigh's blog for The Pick to see what my favorite post was this week!
   

13 comments:

  1. Go Cubbies!! So exciting! I absolutely love beef and noodles and now you prompted me to want to make some very soon! My husband and I just watched pitch perfect 2, love those movies! I hope you have a relaxing and happy weekend beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, I am loving these fall shows too. We're fighting over the DVR at my house because everyone has something they want to record but we don't have enough space! Also, that's so sweet of your boss to bring bagels. I don't think mine would! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is so nice of him! I guess I should say my boss's boss...he's more of the "big" boss. :)

      Delete
  3. I so agree with you - having something to watch is the best after a long day of work! Happy weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear ya on the full DVR, I have a lot of catch up to do this weekend and yay for surprise mail. I can't wait to watch the new Cinderella!

    Happy Friday :)

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. I NEED a day to just binge on my DVR haha, I am so behind! ;) Beef and noodles- YUM, such a good comfort food. I haven't had that in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen either of those movies :( I keep meaning to at least watch Pitch Perfect 2. And yes Beef and egg noodles are the best. I love having a billion noodles in there.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crockpot recipes.. I'll be looking forward to it =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE everything about your list! Fun mail, bagels, baseball, fall tv, comfort food....the perfect favorites! Stumbled upon your blog through the link-up; look forward to reading more! Happy weekending!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Emily,

    I understand the excitement about baseball. I personally am not into baseball but since I live close to Toronto everyone has gone Jay's crazy!! I am currently listening to the game at work (4-4 bottom of the 12th). And I was at my lawyers earlier and he had to stop our meeting to check the score. Its so funny!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two married friends of mine are at that game! She's a cards fan, he's a cubs fan....#familyrivalry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have shows to catch up on my DVR, too! My father in law just bought me Cinderella so I can't wait to watch it--I heard it was so good!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete