Friday, October 30, 2015

Friday Favorites 10.30.15

Happy Friday! I am linking up with MomfessionalsA Little Bit of Everything Blog, and Grace and Love Blog for my Friday Favorites


and A. Liz Adventures for Five on Friday.

 

Starting my new job!  This has been a long time coming, but I finally started my new position this week.  I am super excited about it!  It's definitely bittersweet...I had been in my previous group for almost 5 years.  I got some really sweet cards and we had an awesome happy hour on Tuesday night for my "going away."  It was a mix of previous co-workers and my new bosses, which was super appreciated.  It's a bit of a busy time for everyone right now, so the fact that they took time away to help me celebrate really meant a lot.  

Halloween presents!  My mom always sends packages to us for the holidays.  We usually get something for Halloween, Valentine's Day and sometimes Easter if we aren't able to all be together that day.  It's always fun to see what she comes up with!  This year I got a new blanket scarf, some candy and a gift card to Panera.  I love it all!  Thanks, Mom! (and Dad!)


Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas.  I saw on instagram that Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas starts this weekend!  I am a sucker for cheesy Hallmark movies, especially the holiday ones.  My DVR is definitely going to fill up with a BUNCH of holiday movies between now and Christmas.  I can't wait!

Kate Spade Surprise Sale.  I received an email on Tuesday that Kate Spade was having a surprise sale.  Normally I just delete these emails without reading, because I do not need to always be buying something.  However, this time I looked and ended up with a small wallet and necklace.  I can't wait to see these both in person!




Freshly painted nails.  I went with two of my favorites this week...Don't Sweater It for my toes and Master Plan for my fingers.  Both perfect fall colors.  

dont sweater it - neutrals by essie


master plan - grays by essie


Master Plan has been a favorite for a few years now.  I am in the mood for some new colors to add to the rotation, though.  Any suggestions?  Also, has anyone tried the gel top coats?  I have been seeing the Essie duos pop up on different blogs, the ones where you get a color and the gel top coat.  I haven't been able to find those.  Granted, I have just checked Target and Ulta, but I would think both would have them!  I love the idea of having a gel top coat to make the paint job last longer...I just am not sure which one is the best!  Please leave recommendations if you have any!

I hope you all have a fabulous Friday and a Happy Halloween!  Make sure to check out my favorite post of the week, over at Astleigh's blog for The Pick link up.

17 comments:

  1. How sweet is your mom to send you a Halloween package! I am sure I'm going to be a mom who's gonna be sending care packages to my boys all the time! I love the cheesy Hallmark movies too, can't wait! I hope you have the most happy Halloween weekend beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is so thoughtful! I am sure your boys will definitely appreciate it...there is nothing like a little bit of home!

      Delete
  2. How sweet is your mom - what a nice treat and also love the KS wallet you got!! Happy Friday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the nail colors! I love Sally Hansen's gel polish and top coat, it is the only one I use now! It seriously lasts for a week without chipping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheesy Hallmark holiday movies are my very favorite thing!! I had no idea the countdown was starting this weekend, so thanks for the heads up! Now, off to set my DVR...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Dont Sweater It color! Now you're gonna make me want to buy another Essie polish!
    Congrats on starting the new job! I'm glad to hear that it's going well.
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mom is just the sweetest always sending packages!!

    I have the Essie gel topcoat and I love it. It adds a bit of extra shine and it does seem to make my nails last an extra two or three days longer than if I didn't wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the wallet! Your mom is so sweet. I've really been wanting a blanket scarf but I don't want to buy one.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new position babe! How sweet is your mom?!! That's precious! Oh, I'm going to get that Essie, Don't Sweater It tonight!
    Linds @ Not A Mom

    ReplyDelete
  9. I use the Essie Gel Topcoat and I LOVE it. I got mine at Target.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Since being out of college my mom has stopped sending care packages and just sending cards. Boohoo. :( Haha I just want a good care package every now and then! #whiner
    I LOVE cheesy holiday movies. Seriously, the cheesier the better. Holiday Engagement is one of Michael and I's favorites because we have an inside joke from it. Haha. And it's suuuper cheesy!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. umm yes to Hallmark and yes to that polish! Also, congrats on the job!!! :) Time to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sweet of your mom to send a care package!! Good luck with the new job, so sweet of your boss and co-workers. Love the KS wallet.

    liz @ sundays with sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. My mom sends me packages every holiday too! This was the first one I didn't get anything though because now the baby gets presents instead haha =) Loving those nail polish colors.. I wish I could keep my nails painted they always look good for a day then peel off

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm watching Hallmark's countdown to Christmas right now! haha! And I love the Essie gel top coat. It really does make a difference and the color lasts a few days longer than with a regular top coat.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's awesome that you are enjoying the new job! Love that Kate Spade wallet too! I just have the cheap-o ones from Target but it would be nice to have something fancy. Essence makes a gel top coat that I've been using. It's not the best so I've been wanting to try some other brands too! You'll have to let us know if you decide to try one! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete